Popular Tags: [View All]
KYEO
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This is pretty wild. Or maybe I am just unfamiliar with the initial rush on Kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen Lommelen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
16 minutes... Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the mail from Jamey, clicked the link - 18,000 and climbing. Whoah. I'll just add my $79 for the ride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, i refreshed Kickstarter, Saw it was up, around $900 funding. Talked to my wife for a bit, pledged, then saw it balloon to $36k

AMAZING!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude knows what he's doing.

I'm happy that I was able to get in on one of the Immortale tiers. This is the first time I've had the chance for something like this, and I'm excited about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KYEO
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
And two stretch goals already funded in less than 30 mins. This was exciting. Almost like watching a live sports event. Now back to work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Bird
United Kingdom
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Collectors' edition for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's how it looked an hour just 30 minutes after launch:

INCREDIBLE. Congratulations Jamey!

Edit: Corrected time - even more amazing than I thought!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EndersGame wrote:
Here's how it looked an hour after launch:

INCREDIBLE. Congratulations Jamey!

Actually that's at 30 minutes. It went live at 10:30 Eastern.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
$50k! Already halfway through the stretch goals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pledged! Can't wait for those metal coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
Pledged! Can't wait for those metal coins.

Looking forward to those, as well. I love that, as a 1st Edition backer, he'll be upgrading my edition for free as part of my pledge! Jamey and the rest at Stonemaier are amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Hour - 300%, ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
EU-friendly Kickstarters rule!
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
KingMob wrote:
This is pretty wild. Or maybe I am just unfamiliar with the initial rush on Kickstarter?

Yes indeed, this kind of first day (first hours, in fact) is minis-game territory. I have never seen such a huge start in a non-minis boardgame KS.

This is testament to the quality of Viticulture and to the way Jamey manages both campaigns and PR. I have been playtesting parts of Tuscany (not as much as I'd like, sadly) and can say that it makes an absolutely amazing addition to the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
andvaranaut wrote:
KingMob wrote:

Yes indeed, this kind of first day (first hours, in fact) is minis-game territory. I have never seen such a huge start in a non-minis boardgame KS.

This is testament to the quality of Viticulture and to the way Jamey manages both campaigns and PR. I have been playtesting parts of Tuscany (not as much as I'd like, sadly) and can say that it makes an absolutely amazing addition to the base game.

For sure, this is the reward for selling quality components/games, caring about your customers, being active on BGG. Jamey does things the right way and I am glad this KS is rocking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I admit I don't understand the world of game publishing nor Kickstarter. So this is to expand a game that is currently out of print. How does that work? Why not get the base game into more hands first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
EU-friendly Kickstarters rule!
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
The Old Man wrote:
I admit I don't understand the world of game publishing nor Kickstarter. So this is to expand a game that is currently out of print. How does that work? Why not get the base game into more hands first?

Actually, you can get the base game through the KS, along with the expansion, at a discounted price. In fact, you can get it in several configurations, including a "Big Box" level with the deluxe expansion and the base game together in a special numbered box, which is the most popular pledge level as of now (I anticipate it being so also at the end of the project).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the enthusiasm here! Sorry I didn't chime in earlier--I've been over at Kickstarter.

David, we're actually already in production for the second edition of Viticulture--this campaign is specifically for Tuscany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cry Sometimes you have to scroll down further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Bird
United Kingdom
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Glad to be backing this, my first Kickstarter!

One minor point - what's with this trend towards personalising the game. I understand it from a marketing/selling point of view, but personally, I'd rather not have other people's mugs all over my cards!

You might say that artwork in games is often influenced by real people, but when it isn't overtly stated, then ignorance is bliss!

I wouldn't want my face plastered all over cards (I find such desire to be a little suspect) or expect others to want it, which might be why I'd rather not have it.

Not sure why 32 people's desires should be foisted on all the other backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Earl Don't worry, judging by the cards in the original Viticulture the cards will look great despite their real-person influence. The cards are still drawn to the theme so it's not like there's a huge thematic detachment or something.

I wouldn't want to pay to have myself in art certainly, but it's not something that would bother me, it would just be pretty cool ^^.

Also, you're right, ignorance is bliss, so don't think about it and don't let it concern you ^^.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy to be backing this one and to get the corrected cards for my first edition Viticulture. Another homerun from Jamey. The guy's batting 1000!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ingulphus wrote:
Glad to be backing this, my first Kickstarter!

One minor point - what's with this trend towards personalising the game. I understand it from a marketing/selling point of view, but personally, I'd rather not have other people's mugs all over my cards!

You might say that artwork in games is often influenced by real people, but when it isn't overtly stated, then ignorance is bliss!

I wouldn't want my face plastered all over cards (I find such desire to be a little suspect) or expect others to want it, which might be why I'd rather not have it.

Not sure why 32 people's desires should be foisted on all the other backers.

I have to admit this bothers me when there is a "Sponsored by" text on the cards. Too much like advertising or promotion for me and comes across as a bit tacky.

It looks like in Tuscany though, it's only going to be the art, which doesn't bother me at all. I'm sure a lot of artists use real life inspiration anyway. Yay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Bird
United Kingdom
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks to Chris and George.

I like the abstract nature of games and the suspension of disbelief that enables one to get into the 'narrative', the fictionalised world of the game, so anything that brings you out of that (to whatever degree) is somewhat off-putting for me. It's one of the reasons I've never bought a Flying Frog game - can't stand the 'photoplay' art!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jameystegmaier/tuscany-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.