Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions on Havoc Boss rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In the 'Stunning Havoc' paragraph I read: "When Havoc's core takes damage, he becomes stunned. The player can choose and remove one of Havoc's attacks from the board."
He can only be stunned once per beat, right? So a maximum of one attack may be discarded in this way. Furthermore, stunned or not, his other attacks still execute, right?


2. The 'Recycle' paragraph is not clear to me. It says that Havoc recycles his attacks at the end of each beat ("All attacks -both executed and stunned out- go to the discard and recycle at the end of the beat"). Then it says that he has two discard piles. For what two discard piles if he recycles every attack at the end of every beat?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
Avatar
mbmbmb
I never took a deep look at Havok, but I can say that generally you can be stunned multiple times per beat. So unless the rules concerning state something differently you can assume that each time Havok becomes stunned one of the attacks gets removed.

Again, I'm assuming here: Havok uses 2 discard piles like any other character. So all attacks go first to discard 1 stay there for a round and go then to discard 2 stay there another round until becoming available to Havok again (just like any other regular BattleCon character).

Edit: Upon reading through Havok's rules I'm positive that the above is correct.
I am wondering if auto-stun effects are working though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah so a character may be stunned more than once during a beat. Then all of this makes more sense, mostly for the Bosses; I see also Magdelina is treated in the same way (loses an attack when stunned). I think auto-stun effects will work normally then.

Maybe is there any normal character able to take advantage from multiple stuns? I haven't read all their cards for now.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RaistlinMajere wrote:
Maybe is there any normal character able to take advantage from multiple stuns? I haven't read all their cards for now.


A few characters can attack multiple times in a beat: Gaspar (frequently), Joal (with Dual Wield), promo guest Bridj (also frequently), Luc and Heketch from War Of Indines. Probably others I'm not thinking of.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
RaistlinMajere wrote:
Maybe is there any normal character able to take advantage from multiple stuns? I haven't read all their cards for now.


A few characters can attack multiple times in a beat: Gaspar (frequently), Joal (with Dual Wield), promo guest Bridj (also frequently), Luc and Heketch from War Of Indines. Probably others I'm not thinking of.
Do any of them care about being stunned more than once? Gaspar and Joal don't, at least. (Gaspar loses all his clones on being stunned, and Joal executes the second attack immediately.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brock
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
grasa_total wrote:
RaistlinMajere wrote:
Maybe is there any normal character able to take advantage from multiple stuns? I haven't read all their cards for now.


A few characters can attack multiple times in a beat: Gaspar (frequently), Joal (with Dual Wield), promo guest Bridj (also frequently), Luc and Heketch from War Of Indines. Probably others I'm not thinking of.
Do any of them care about being stunned more than once? Gaspar and Joal don't, at least. (Gaspar loses all his clones on being stunned, and Joal executes the second attack immediately.)


You're looking at it the wrong way, this means they can stun multiple times, possibly triggering extra damage to opponents.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Halos wrote:
You're looking at it the wrong way, this means they can stun multiple times, possibly triggering extra damage to opponents.
I feel like I'm still being dense: how does being stunned trigger extra damage? Of course you typically take damage in order to get stunned, but are there characters that take (extra) damage every time they are stunned?

Of course there are many characters that care whether they are stunned at all (Marmelee, Karin, Adjenna, etc.), but none of the ones I listed care about being stunned more than once.

EDIT: My question is, I guess, who triggers extra damage each time they stun or are stunned? I haven't gone through looking, it's a genuine question.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am slightly confused about this exchange. I was answering the question "Are there any characters who can take full advantage of Havoc's rules (i.e. the fact that he can be stunned more than once per beat) by causing multiple stuns in a single beat all by themselves?"

I haven't played Havoc and so might have been barking up entirely the wrong tree.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
Avatar
mbmbmb
I believe Ex Zaamassal cares about getting stunned multiple times. Iirc he loses a paradigm each time he is stunned and can have more than one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! I interpreted the question in the third post of this thread as asking whether multiple stuns ever matter in a battle between two non-Boss characters.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
Ah! I interpreted the question in the third post of this thread as asking whether multiple stuns ever matter in a battle between two non-Boss characters.


It all makes sense now! I agree; I can't think of a case where that would matter.

(Hm. Possibly if there's some Striker or Equipment that allows a fighter to execute their attack twice, Malandrax could get his "if this attack stuns" bonus on Precision twice. But is there?)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brock
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
dthurston wrote:
Ah! I interpreted the question in the third post of this thread as asking whether multiple stuns ever matter in a battle between two non-Boss characters.


It all makes sense now! I agree; I can't think of a case where that would matter.

(Hm. Possibly if there's some Striker or Equipment that allows a fighter to execute their attack twice, Malandrax could get his "if this attack stuns" bonus on Precision twice. But is there?)


Ah I thought there were more effects like Hikaru's/Pendros' which were if you get hit/stunned, take more damage.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I had an example with Clive's Burnout style, but that doesn't work either: that style reads
Quote:
When you are stunned this beat, an opponent at range 1 loses 1 life for each Module you have active.

But the second time he is stunned, he won't have any modules active.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Halos wrote:
Ah I thought there were more effects like Hikaru's/Pendros' which were if you get hit/stunned, take more damage.
Both Hikaru's Sweeping style and Pendros' Aboreal style take extra damage when hit, not when stunned.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.