Subject: Numbered encounter cards in APs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Jeggo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey Guys!

Late to the party with this game but I think its fantastic! (Insert obligatory comment about being super hard and I tried soloing with Tactics blah blah )

My question is this, I am buying the sets in order so I have the core set and have just bought The Hunt For Gollum. The encounter cards for the core set each had a number underneath the picture displaying what set they were from and how many the set had (ie Spiders of Mirkwood 9/14). I noticed this is missing from The Hunt For Gollum?? Is this the case for all APs, is it just this one or is it that I have a reprint (date on back is June 13)??

Many Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully you can answer and clear this little issue up for me (I like the idea of numbered cards!!!)

SkullMunch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the game!

That little set number right underneath the Encounter Icon was something that was added later in the game. Honestly I can't recall when they started adding it, but that's actually news to me that the Core Set cards now include it!

So don't worry, you're not missing anything! If you continue to buy expansions, you'll see it show up again sometime down the line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Jeggo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the reply, I will look forward to seeing it again, Im super careful with my cards but was a good way to make sure you had all the encounter cards in the deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think they added it in the second cycle (maybe with Khazad-dûm).

The newer sets also have some cards marked for "Easy Mode".

They probably reprinted the Core Set recently, so they added these changes (and errata, supposedly) to the cards.

Does your Beravor (Lore hero) state, that the ability can only be used once per turn?

And does "Protector of Lórien" have the three per turn limit?

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Jeggo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I will check these when I get home from work, I must also say that while it appears I have a relatively new verison of the core set it doesnt have the gold borders around the 'hard' encounters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Jeggo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just checked these cards, none of the errata is on them (doesn't say how many times you can use the ability). Just looked at the bottom of the box and it says printer in Oct12

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.