Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Mulholland
South Africa
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question. If the Clocktower and, say, the abbey are on the table, can I move to the Clocktower, use it to jump to the abbey, then repeat that over and over? Thus effectively locking everyone out of the Abbey?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RichMulholland wrote:
Quick question. If the Clocktower and, say, the abbey are on the table, can I move to the Clocktower, use it to jump to the abbey, then repeat that over and over? Thus effectively locking everyone out of the Abbey?

I think you may be misinterpreting the Clocktower...

Unless things have changed for this building, when you place on the Clocktower, you get no effect. Then, when you move from the Clocktower to another building, you get to resolve THAT building twice in a row.

I'm sure Scott will correct me if I'm saying something wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Mulholland
South Africa
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the confusion comes in on the order of the action. It says 'move to another building. On your next turn perform the action twice."

This reads that you move the card immediately, then on the next turn resolve the action twice.

For your way to make sense to me it would say, "on your next turn move to another building and perform the action twice."

See why I'm confused?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RichMulholland wrote:
So the confusion comes in on the order of the action. It says 'move to another building. On your next turn perform the action twice."

This reads that you move the card immediately, then on the next turn resolve the action twice.

For your way to make sense to me it would say, "on your next turn move to another building and perform the action twice."

See why I'm confused?

Good catch, Rich. We definitely worded that wrong. It should would the way Seth says - on your next turn, move to a building and perform that action twice. Sorry about that - we'll get that fixed in the next update of the PnP.

Please let us know if you have any more questions. This kind of stuff is invaluable to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was asked in a review, but seems to fit here. If you use someone else's building do you have to pay them? If so, one good or two goods?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
This was asked in a review, but seems to fit here. If you use someone else's building do you have to pay them? If so, one good or two goods?

You pay one good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest Woodward
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:
RichMulholland wrote:

See why I'm confused?

Good catch, Rich. We definitely worded that wrong. It should would the way Seth says - on your next turn, move to a building and perform that action twice. Sorry about that - we'll get that fixed in the next update of the PnP.

Please let us know if you have any more questions. This kind of stuff is invaluable to us.

The POD card says "Spend one of any goods type" and "Move to a building and perform it's action twice." It doesn't say anything about 'next turn' on the card. Is that something that was changed in the newest PNP that didn't make it on to the POD before it was shipped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MysticHobo wrote:
scottbalmes wrote:
RichMulholland wrote:

See why I'm confused?

The POD card says "Spend one of any goods type" and "Move to a building and perform it's action twice." It doesn't say anything about 'next turn' on the card. Is that something that was changed in the newest PNP that didn't make it on to the POD before it was shipped?

It should say 'On your next turn'. I'll look into this, it should be in the POD copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Brewington
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:
MysticHobo wrote:
scottbalmes wrote:
RichMulholland wrote:

See why I'm confused?

It should say 'On your next turn'. I'll look into this, it should be in the POD copies.

Confirmed that this 'On your next turn' wording is missing on my POD copy as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
druvey wrote:

Confirmed that this 'On your next turn' wording is missing on my POD copy as well.

Well, crap... Sorry about that guys. That was one of the top issues from the last PnP round, and I appologize for that not getting in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Weeks
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks goodness I found this thread. We finally had a chance to play this last night and my son decided to use this in conjunction with tax office. He hopped on here, paid his 1, moved to tax office and my daughter and I had to pay him 2 resources each. Now that his pawn was there we couldn't lock him out so he just did it again, and again, and again. We decided this was broken and ended the game. Now that I see 'on your next turn' should be there we'll give this another shot. Thanks for clearing this up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.