6 Posts

Middle-earth» Forums » General

Subject: Middle Earth cards with Warlords back rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mydienon
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a small number of misprint Middle Earth cards with a back from a different game, the Warlords collectible card game.

I haven't found much information about this online. Is this a common misprint? I have a complete set of the Warlords CCG and still play it occasionally (with revised rules), but I understand it's not a particularly popular or valuable game. My Middle Earth CCG collection is far from complete, but I also enjoy playing that game from time to time. The misprint being a combination of two games I play does intrigue me...

Anyway, if someone could point me to information about this misprint, especially to determine rarity or value, I'd really appreciate it! (I hate to add them to my Middle Earth card draft deck for kids to play with if they're a collectible...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not heard of this, but misprints are very collectible - even though some players would have thrown them away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got them too. Those missprints are rare, but not particularly valious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mydienon
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you both!

I think I'll hold onto them -- and not let the children play with them. They're an interesting piece of CCG history even if they're not particularly valuable. Apparently Iron Crown Enterprises (ICE) was publishing both games back in 1997; maybe there was a mix-up at the printer?

I did find an online store called Mathom selling two sealed 60-card decks (and the box they came) of these misprint cards for €220. Apparently "The Wizards" Starter Decks (Saruman and Gandalf decks) had an entire run of misprints, which were boxed and sold commercially.

I don't know how many were sold, but I'm guessing it's more than a few...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coleman Charlton
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
This was definitely a mixup at the printer. Ice was publishing both games and as far as I know about 100 were sent to us. I have a dozen of so decks. I don't think they are worth much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colemanice wrote:
This was definitely a mixup at the printer. Ice was publishing both games and as far as I know about 100 were sent to us. I have a dozen of so decks. I don't think they are worth much.

In that case I'd be interested in a deck or more for not much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.