Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I dont know if it is just me but Is anyone else sick of all the "Anti collectible" posts? I mean I am all for free speech, and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is many thread that started off saying they were disappointed in the sales model and ended up being either a heated verbal battle or a challenge of morality.

In any case, I had this game subscribed to as I am one of the many who are super excited for this game and wanted to take part in others excitement as well.. however i am teetering on the edge of unsubscribing just so I don't have to see all the other posts.

Am I alone here? (honestly don't know)yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cennamo
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think most of us excited people have just gotten tired of defending our opinions....so we wait patiently until the game comes out and the haters move on to their next angry topic.

Keep postitive! Others are out there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JesseOlivier wrote:
...however i am teetering on the edge of unsubscribing just so I don't have to see all the other posts.

Am I alone here? (honestly don't know)yuk

I can see the edge you're talking about. I'm not there, but only because I have seen this type of reaction so many times on the Geek that I know better than to even try to read most of the negative posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just need to start more positive posts. More posts on rules, questions, speculations etc.

Perhaps the designers can post some spoiler threads so we can start analyzing and discussing individual cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find them kind of funny myself. Nerdrage at its finest.

This really should be as simple as buy it if you want to, don't if you don't, but there's a need for some folks to find something to moan about, and then take it to the nth degree. If they spent all that time and energy doing something more constructive instead wouldn't they (and everyone else) be a little bit happier?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Nah, doesn't bother me. As soon as a thread heads that direction I just unsubscribe from it I'm probably not going to subscribe to this one.

I'll just wait for the game and follow the threads that interest me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Devine
United States
Reno
NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, I am glad this post came up showing that people are excited! I will admit that I have never been into CCGs but this one feels different and I can't wait!

I have never understood the reason behind publicly complaining about something as trivial as a new Board Game (trivial in the grand scheme of things, not at all an insult to gaming). If you don't like it, don't buy it should be as simple as that right?

Plenty of people are pumped for this game, myself included!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:
Nah, doesn't bother me. As soon as a thread heads that direction I just unsubscribe from it I'm probably not going to subscribe to this one.

I'll just wait for the game and follow the threads that interest me.

I wondnt say they content bothers me. But the shear volume is becoming a the problem for me.

Also My mind sometimes hurts when I try to understand why people who have no interest in something will post 10+ times on a forum about said item..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that the rage is directly in relation to the degree of how excited they would have been if it was handled differently.

I recently backed a game on Kickstarter that tons of people supported on the name alone and when certain facts about the game were revealed it disappointed a lot of people.
And the negativity of those who were not happy with it just blew up the forums souring every positive post. The could not let a single happy word be written without arguing against it.
They were unable to just say, OK I'm out and watch with cautions optimism, they instead had to gripe and vent and step on any good vibe anyone tried to send.

And I feel it was because they were so excited about the game that they were a bit crushed when it ended up being different than they expected.
And maybe there was a bit of childishness for some. "If I cant have the game the way I want it, then no one can have it!" And every person they scare away from it is a small petty victory.

People can be very passionate about their opinions, and also very petty at times. Everyone's motivations are different.

I am a general optimist but if a game company ever made a game about The Golden Girls and it did not meet my super fan standards, oh you will bet I will blow up these forums!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This could have easily gone in one of the other threads on this topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ignore the negativity... it's ludicrous at most and just unnecessary.

In many ways I am glad that this game is going the collectible route... I mean, 99 freakin cents for a booster where you are guaranteed that the dice and cards match... I mean, that's really cool. That's really cheap also when compared to just about every other ccg out there where boosters are $4 a pack on average.

I like it. I think it's going to cater to the Magic: the Gathering crowd and others like it.

I'm on the side that the game looks fun, appears fun and if the game is FUN than it doesn't matter how the game is released or if the model is a ccg or a lcg type release model. FUN is what matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cennamo
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:

I am a general optimist but if a game company ever made a game about The Golden Girls and it did not meet my super fan standards, oh you will bet I will blow up these forums!

What are you thinking??

Hidden Role? (The Resistance; Golden Girls)
Worker Placement? (Lords of Miami, Florida)
War Game? (RISK; Golden Edition)
CCG? (Golden Girls, the Gathering)

Nevermind CCG....anything CCG is the worst possible thing imaginable and should never ever exist ever!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC Wendel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of people who are interested in this game but dislike the way it's being packaged. I feel like those are completely reasonable feelings to have.

I thought the collectible model was dead and gone but it has reared it's ugly head. The same thing has happened in comics which have returned to fancy overpriced variant covers. It's like the 90s are making a comeback.

Plus we have video games and "free to play" games with all their microtransactions. Companies are working hard to squeeze every buck out of us in this slow economy - such fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinMask wrote:
There are a lot of people who are interested in this game but dislike the way it's being packaged. I feel like those are completely reasonable feelings to have.

I thought the collectible model was dead and gone but it has reared it's ugly head. The same thing has happened in comics which have returned to fancy overpriced variant covers. It's like the 90s are making a comeback.

Plus we have video games and "free to play" games with all their microtransactions. Companies are working hard to squeeze every buck out of us in this slow economy - such fun!

IM not sure if you know, but the collectible model is far form dead and gone. I mean Heroclix is still going strong, and there are CCG's like Pokemon, Yuhioh, cardfight vanguard, Naruto, Pokemon ect that have dedicated followings and larger turnouts at major tournaments. O yeah and then there is Magic, which will never go away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like the collectible model, but I understand why they're using it. I do not plan to let it affect my enjoyment of the game. If anything, the real sticking point for me is the lack of a proper, Marvel art-covered box to hold everything in. Lucky I've got a spare Quarriors box . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cennamo
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
I don't like the collectible model, but I understand why they're using it. I do not plan to let it affect my enjoyment of the game. If anything, the real sticking point for me is the lack of a proper, Marvel art-covered box to hold everything in. Lucky I've got a spare Quarriors box . . .

I'm sure if it does well they will make colector boxes, like the Pokemons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Ruhe
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'M STOKED FOR MARVEL DICE MASTERS YEAH MAN
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How can anyone think the collectible model is "dead and gone" when Heroclix and Magic are sold at Target?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheWaspinator wrote:
How can anyone think the collectible model is "dead and gone" when Heroclix and Magic are sold at Target?

I think it depends on your area. While I knew it wasn't "dead and gone", in my area it's basically quarantined off to Magic and Yugi-oh. I didn't even know Heroclix was still a thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC Wendel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheWaspinator wrote:

Well, there was a time when there was a new CCG every week. Now there are like three left. It's mostly dead and gone, but a few cockroaches are still holding on.

I should have said buying random collectible stuff was dead to ME - but now thanks to this game, it will be a little bit alive yet again - thankfully I have a friend who wants to collect/trade as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree 100%. I hate seeing all the complaining when I subscribed because I want info on the game. I was initially disappointed with it being collectable, but I'm still gonna buy it and it still looks awesome.

I got even more excited after looking at the cards. There are several combos and strategies I thought looked cool, and I was surprised that the team building would be so in depth and strategic. I'm gonna be doing drafting team building with my box. Its gonna be awesome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinMask wrote:
TheWaspinator wrote:

Well, there was a time when there was a new CCG every week. Now there are like three left. It's mostly dead and gone, but a few cockroaches are still holding on.

I should have said buying random collectible stuff was dead to ME - but now thanks to this game, it will be a little bit alive yet again - thankfully I have a friend who wants to collect/trade as well.

The collectible model is far from dead... it's becoming bigger in the digital realm. Hearthstone is a perfect example of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm ready to move past the collectible debate and move on to the Con exclusives debate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jerkules wrote:
I'm ready to move past the collectible debate and move on to the Con exclusives debate.

Con exclusive, event exclusive. It sucks but seeing where I'm located in Scotland, there's no way they'd really enter the area unless somebody pays through the nose on eBay for them.

Still, I'd hate to miss out on a Mister Sinister or something cool like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Duran
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolStuffinc south florida is my local store and every board game night we are surrounded by magic, vanguard and yugio players playing in tourneys. The collectible model is here to stay. Its a shame there's so much negativity in the forums, but i got my pre-orders in and cant wait to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.