Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Grindling
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ran into a situation during mission 5. An aracnos grabbed one of our agents and "stole" him back a couple areas. Then all aliens were activated and there were a lot on the board. He was standing not on the center hex and had 3 aliens in the area surrounding him. It was then a spine critters turn and it was 1 area away. Rules say for spine critter to move 1 area and adjacent to the agent. He moves the 1 area closer , into the same area as the agent and other aliens, but then cannot get adjacent to the agent. Does he move but not attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that if the Spine Critter can move adjacent to the agent without moving an area, it would do that...in fact, I would think it would do that by default, even if he weren't surrounded on his own area. I always play that the aliens want to move the shortest distance possible to reach their target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the card in front of me, but isn't the Spine Critter's {1} rule phrased something like "move adjacent and attack with jaws"? I think it's adjacency that the game cares about in this case, not whether he moves to a different area (particularly since you can be at {1} within the same area).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Grindling
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
when you put it like that, it makes sense. thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Leist

Hagerstown
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmb
We have been defaulting to whatever makes it harder on the agents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
I don't have the card in front of me, but isn't the Spine Critter's {1} rule phrased something like "move adjacent and attack with jaws"? I think it's adjacency that the game cares about in this case, not whether he moves to a different area (particularly since you can be at {1} within the same area).

Yeah, if it does indeed say '...move adjacent...' or '...move up to (x) areas...adjacent..." Then a move of zero hexes is fine as long as the adjacency at the end of the movement is true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.