Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few days ago I spoke with the designer of EC, Andreas Propst, and afterward I got the EC itch so I broke it out, refreshed myself on what decks I had made up, and got a friend over for a few games.

First game, I chose the Air/Fire deck, so my opponent took a Water/Earth deck. Despite some eatly Windwanderers and Goblin Warriors, my Spellbook was quickly dwindling. His Troll Grunts, backed up by a couple of hoarded Hardening spells, were doing a number on me. When he got a Sea Serpent out, I figured I was a goner, but my next draw was a Fiery Devil. I got him out, and threw the Mars' Rage in my hand on him, and walloped my friend's deck. Next turn, my draw was another Mars' Rage, plus a Flaring Flames got triggered when discarding for the Fiery Devil. That was the last turn, as I was able to empty his Spellbook with that round of attacks.

My opponent wanted revenge, so I grabbed my "Death Comes Calling" Earth deck to take on his Fire/Water deck, a variation of the "Firestorm" deck here on the forums. I started out pretty strong this time, with Scarecrow Minions and Ghosts of the Dead filling up my ATK zone. He started in with Shattering Wave and Forbid, either destroying or denying me anything that could advance my position. It ended up being a very short game after that, as he got out two Sea Dragons in a row. He still had almost half his Spellbook left at the end.

We had forgotten how much fun this game is. It scratched that CCG itch without the sting of continually having to buy random boosters. And I will definitely be retooling that Earth deck before next week's game session.

-Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.