Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: 2014 Regionals Announced rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
US List is here:
http://tools.fantasyflightgames.com/iwp/2014-star-wars-x-win...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh, really?!? After seeing the LCG list, I was hoping X-Wing would be in Vegas as well (closest to Utah). There are fewer X-Wing regionals than the LCG ones. Does FFG really do more business with the LCG than X-Wing?

-shnar
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Sibicky

Washington
msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I think a lot of us in major-urban "hubs" for x-wing were pretty well shafted.

Seattle/Portland has a very active X-Wing scene, and our entire region only got 1 regional 6 hours away!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glen.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, SoCal has closest at 5-7 hours in either direction. We'd hoped for Vegas too. Well, really we'd hoped for LA, but would have settled for Vegas.

I wonder if this has to do with who applied? Dunno.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Greenfield, WI and Chicago, IL both get one and they're 1.5 hours apart. I'm content that I'm stuck between 2 regionals each with about a 3 hour drive to get to, but I really feel for some of you that just got turbo shafted. Is it that hard to get volunteers to run these events in reasonable places? I wonder what their reasoning was for running so few and placing them in geographically insane places.

This is how I feel about it. Maybe more relevant for you Vegas folks.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pitsch
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmmm, VA,DC,MD did not get a regional. 4+ hours to the closest one.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MILLINGTON
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Region 1 only has 1 Regional while the rest have 2! What's up with that? Vegas would have been a better compromise for LA, San Diego, and Phoenix.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keoki Young
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Region 1 has two, just like all the other regions: Spokane and Boise. Looks like Boise was added after the initial list came out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Boise wasn't there when I first checked. The closest for Utah guys was CO or AZ. Boise is a /little/ better, but not much (6 instead of 8 hr drive).

-shnar
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Boise wasn't there when I first checked. The closest for Utah guys was CO or AZ. Boise is a /little/ better, but not much (6 instead of 8 hr drive).

-shnar


June 21st... I will likely be driving through Idaho but the wrong direction! (Yellowstone)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'll just start my vacation in Boise and then drive forever to get to Yellowstone...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LucCros
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I feel for you guys down south. Up in Ontario, Canada we essentially got 3, as Gatineau is right on the Ontario-Quebec border.

Perhaps the snow will melt in time for you guys to make a trip up to the great white north!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Janson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, the Pacific NW and Mid Atlantic really got the short end of the stick this time especially considering the player density. Nothing between NYC and DC is crazy talk.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is nothing in the tri state area?! Sorry NYC and Philly. I guess we should have applied and held it outside.... (Store is too small).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
virferrorum wrote:
There is nothing in the tri state area?! Sorry NYC and Philly.


FFG spread around the Regionals for different games. NYC, Philly, and NJ are hosting other ones.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voidreturn
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Nicksib wrote:
I think a lot of us in major-urban "hubs" for x-wing were pretty well shafted.

Seattle/Portland has a very active X-Wing scene, and our entire region only got 1 regional 6 hours away!


Dallas and Houston each got one. Bummer to hear about some folks, but my regional is only 15 minutes from my house (where I regularly game) here in North Dallas.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anextiomarus wrote:

I feel for you guys down south. Up in Ontario, Canada we essentially got 3, as Gatineau is right on the Ontario-Quebec border.

Perhaps the snow will melt in time for you guys to make a trip up to the great white north!


You say this, and then a player from North Carolina snatches the Eastern Ontario title!

(got my 2 sets of dice, so I'm not complaining, just commenting)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LucCros
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
anextiomarus wrote:

I feel for you guys down south. Up in Ontario, Canada we essentially got 3, as Gatineau is right on the Ontario-Quebec border.

Perhaps the snow will melt in time for you guys to make a trip up to the great white north!


You say this, and then a player from North Carolina snatches the Eastern Ontario title!

(got my 2 sets of dice, so I'm not complaining, just commenting)


My apologies for this fellow Canadians, I clearly sealed the victory for our American friend by inviting him up north, haha.

Yes I read that DarkTemplar came up and stole the show with a unique phantom build. I guess I would hope that if you are going to make that trip, you better do so at the top of your game with intentions on winning. Good for him.

And here we are after the fact and I missed all three regionals in the area, and I was only a 6 hour drive away (at most), let alone 12 hours from NC, darn thesis!! shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.