• [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
The only thing missing for that is a second board. But you can easily improvise on that front.
There are more than enough characters and 4 sets of standard bases - which is basically all you need for 4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering the same thing. Good to know this is no problem. Now I just have to find a nice image for the second board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could even get 3 simultaneous 1v1 matches, if one of them is using the beta bases. You'd be short one holder for the standup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
United States
Finger Lakes
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
You could even get 3 simultaneous 1v1 matches, if one of them is using the beta bases. You'd be short one holder for the standup.

The standup holders are really unnecessary anyway. The holders from War were too tight, so we're used to playing without them. The only time you really need them are for the big boss standups or for a 2v2 or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vines
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a portable game board that breaks down to 4 card sized pieces.

Portable Game Board (four, standard sized cards)

I just backed them with MTG cards in a sleeve, and I can run several games at once.

I'm sure my next lvl99 order will include at least one playmat. I had a chance to play on one recently, and they are much slicker in person than you would think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvines wrote:
I'm sure my next lvl99 order will include at least one playmat. I had a chance to play on one recently, and they are much slicker in person than you would think.

Yeah, I'm never going back to the cardboard board. It warped pretty quickly, and it doesn't have a giant picture of Borneo on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're missing a turn number dial too but a simple D20 can replace that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go crazy with the free PnP game, when you include the 2 War of Indines characters, you can have a full 16 simultaneous matches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pope
United States
Bloomfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also when you purchase, if you purchase from the original site, request the promo characters as well. You can take David's idea (above) and turn it into something like 19 games simultaneous.

But long story short the answer to your question is yes, you definitely can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you want a really nice extra board, you can get one of the playmats on the Lvl99 store. I got one as a pledge reward on the Kickstart, and it's quite swagged out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mat is awesome indeed. Borneo and Juto FTW!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
edward wilson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
the edgy thing to do is to use the same board an just crowd around it. What we did is, the new player didn't want to do a 2v2, so we set up the board LIKE a 2v2 but it was just two separate 1v1 games. Occasionally there was a bit of confusion but over all it was not nearly as cluttered as you would think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.