Subject: Question about the events rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Hello again,

After reading through the rules once more, I'd like to have a clarification of the events table.

I think I got it right already, but I want to make sure of it.

So, after you pull the event chit from the cup, you roll 2d6 and consult the table.

Then you roll a die and see which side the event hits, right? So in 2 player game there's 50% chance of the event affecting your side. And in 3 player game there's 33% chance of the event affecting you.

Black hand side then ignores events 5-8 if the event happens to affect them, right?

But events 9-12 DO affect the Black hand side (if the roll to see who is affected points to the BH side), right?

The events affect only players, right? So for example in a NATO vs. Reich game that has a few BH units in map (due to an earlier event) you still roll only between the NATO and Reich, which one is affected by the new event. You ignore the BH side in this case (since there is no BH player)?

The event table seems to be heavily in BH sides favour at first glance, but then I realised it affects the NATO/Reich side only 50% of the time when there is an active BH side in play. I guess that makes the table a bit more balanced.

But I do like the idea of the event table. It makes the game a bit more unpredictable, which is good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you're correct on all accounts, Marko.

Since I am only able to play the game solitaire, I do let events 9-12 affect the Black Hand even if they are not a "player" force due to joining the scenario through an event. Just because I like to do it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColHammer wrote:

The events affect only players, right? So for example in a NATO vs. Reich game that has a few BH units in map (due to an earlier event) you still roll only between the NATO and Reich, which one is affected by the new event. You ignore the BH side in this case (since there is no BH player)?

Just a remark. This isn't quite correct.
If a BH unit come into play as the result of an event (2,3 and 4) you add their Activation Markers to the cup during the cleanup phase. Thus becoming an additional "player" (active faction), which can be affected by events too, just like any other active faction.

If there isn't a player for the BH unit(s) you can use the Masterless Zealots rules:

Masterless Zealots will always move towards the closest enemy unit following the fastest route and will attack as soon as the target is in normal range and LOS. The least armored unit in a stack will be attacked first. Zealots will not move away as long as they already have an enemy unit in normal range and LOS.

Also regard that the game uses a system with 2D6. So, the probability to get the event 7 is most likely. 2 and 12 are least likely to happen, etc.

ColHammer wrote:

But I do like the idea of the event table. It makes the game a bit more unpredictable, which is good thing.

Absolutely! The events are a great addition to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Warren
msg tools
Like Ryanmobile & Konsum24 said, the BH becomes the third player if they show up in a Reich/NATO scenario due to events.

I've had the Black Hand come into a 2-player (but solo) game quite a few times now due to the events. I love the unpredictability of them, it's awesome! Nothing like a biological attack on one of your infantry units in the middle of a formation being turned into zealots. That usually causes a bit of havoc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, thanks for the correction.

When I finally get to play the game, I will play as you have suggested it; even a non-player faction like the masterless BH will get affected by the event table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.