Recommend
30 
 Thumb up
 Hide
248 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: BattleCon AI updated rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yaron Racah
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
[Cross-posted from War of Indines forums]

This is the thread for the BattleCON AI.

You can play against the AI as any of 50 characters: 15 from War, 22 from Devastation, 8 from Fate, and 5 promos.

The AI itself is reasonably strong.
The interface is basic and text-based.

Windows users can simply download the executable here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29947958/BattleConAIFull.exe


On other platforms, you can download the Python code from the GitHub project:
https://github.com/yaronvia/battlecon-ai/blob/master/src/Bat...
https://github.com/yaronvia/battlecon-ai/blob/master/src/sol...

You'll need to install Python, and two external Python libraries - NumPy and cvxopt. Find them on their respective websites:
http://www.python.org/
http://numpy.scipy.org/
http://abel.ee.ucla.edu/cvxopt/

(or, on Linux, install directly from the Debian project central repository)

Please let me know about any bugs you find, or any other insights/comments.

Have fun!

NOTE ABOUT BUG REPORTS:
Please copy and paste the log for the entire beat. This makes it easy for me to reproduce and track down the bug. Thanks!

Last update to Windows executable: 1/2/14
(Python code on GitHub updated continuously)
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a character "Abarene" available (in the GitHub code); is that intentional?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaron Racah
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, some of the characters implemented are promos.
I'll edit the OP to reflect that.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just that I hadn't heard of Abarene as a released character at all, promo or not. Google tells me she was a potential choice for Devastation that was not picked.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaron Racah
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, it looks like you are correct. My bad - I thought she was released as a promo.
I'll take her off the list of playable characters, then: her presence would just confuse people, and nobody is going to be able to play her, anyway.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vines
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome work. I've always wanted to be better at writing AI in general, and will be studying your code. One very small thing. I don't think you are consuming the logs for testing, or anything like that right? Do they add value to your repo? You might consider adding any files in the log folder to your .gitignore.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! Are you working on the rest of the 8 tournament-legal characters, Yaron?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaron Racah
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mvines wrote:
This is awesome work. I've always wanted to be better at writing AI in general, and will be studying your code. One very small thing. I don't think you are consuming the logs for testing, or anything like that right? Do they add value to your repo? You might consider adding any files in the log folder to your .gitignore.


Thanks!
This code can get convoluted at times, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

As for the logs, they can be parsed by various tools in analyze.py, and produce statistics about AI vs. AI matches, so I thought some people might find them useful.
Of course, it's possible to run the code and re-create them, but all 780 match-ups might take several days to run.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaron Racah
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
Excellent! Are you working on the rest of the 8 tournament-legal characters, Yaron?


11, really. :-)

The problem is, I've implemented the characters in order of difficulty, and at 37/48, I've pretty much exhausted the low (or medium-height) hanging fruit.

So unfortunately, there will probably not be new character additions in the near future.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
Avatar
mbmbmb
Did you update the code from the latest version in the playtesters forum (v10 I think)? I noticed that Eligor still used older card versions.

Edit: Look through the code. It's fixed.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yaron wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:
Excellent! Are you working on the rest of the 8 tournament-legal characters, Yaron?


11, really. :-)

The problem is, I've implemented the characters in order of difficulty, and at 37/48, I've pretty much exhausted the low (or medium-height) hanging fruit.

So unfortunately, there will probably not be new character additions in the near future.


Oh, yep, you're right, 11.

Thanks for this release. The last release I had from you had 32 characters, so this is a welcome bump up! Keep us posted if you ever get to add those last 11 characters.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried a match and I found a pair of bugs: during a Stalwart Strike with Alexian, the menu only allowed me to move 0, 1 or 2 spaces but not 3.

K...A.J current situation (K=Karin, J=Jager]

[1]K.A....
[2]K..A...
[3]K...A..

No more options available than these, so I missed the attack while I shoul have advanced up to KA.....

Another bug in the setup: Jager starts in the space in front of Karin (the AI puts him in the same space of Karin instead).

Anyway I like a lot this program, I can training and learn how to play


EDIT: during a precedent Stalwart Style execution, AI not allowed Alexian to pass over Jager. Is it correct? Jager is then considered an 'opponent'?

Stalwart: Stun Guard 5 - Before Activating: Advance up to 3 spaces. You may not move past any opponent during this movement. [...]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yaron wrote:
Yes, it looks like you are correct. My bad - I thought she was released as a promo.
I'll take her off the list of playable characters, then: her presence would just confuse people, and nobody is going to be able to play her, anyway.


Don't say that. After a few plays and note-taking, we will probably have her stats written well enough to play

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
Avatar
mbmbmb
RaistlinMajere wrote:
EDIT: during a precedent Stalwart Style execution, AI not allowed Alexian to pass over Jager. Is it correct? Jager is then considered an 'opponent'?

Stalwart: Stun Guard 5 - Before Activating: Advance up to 3 spaces. You may not move past any opponent during this movement. [...]
Jager is not an opponent. Did Karin use Coordinated?
If not we have an error in the code.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Phyr wrote:
Jager is not an opponent. Did Karin use Coordinated?
If not we have an error in the code.


No, I'm pretty sure she didn't use Coordinated.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaron Racah
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for reporting!

RaistlinMajere wrote:
during a Stalwart Strike with Alexian, the menu only allowed me to move 0, 1 or 2 spaces but not 3.

Another bug in the setup: Jager starts in the space in front of Karin (the AI puts him in the same space of Karin instead).


Both bugs confirmed, will be fixed in next version (once we accumulate a few more bugs...).

RaistlinMajere wrote:
EDIT: during a precedent Stalwart Style execution, AI not allowed Alexian to pass over Jager. Is it correct? Jager is then considered an 'opponent'?


I can't find anything in the code that would cause this. If it happens again, please copy the entire text of the beat for me (from the BEAT X line onward), so I can replay it on my machine and see what went wrong.

Thanks!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Altropos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me: Demetrius, AI: Voco

I hit for no damage, gain my Cresendo token as normal. Voco gains soak 1 (1 adj zed to me), but it doesn't burn the zed as it should.

Nice work on the AI.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaron Racah
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Altropos wrote:

I hit for no damage, gain my Cresendo token as normal. Voco gains soak 1 (1 adj zed to me), but it doesn't burn the zed as it should.


Bug confirmed, will be fixed in next version.

Thanks for reporting!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pope
United States
Bloomfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great program, kicks my butt when trying new heroes. Wasn't even coming close when I was Voco vs Alexian lol.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bug: When using the "default" starting discards, for Kajia it selects "Burrowing Dash" instead of "Stinging Dash"

Either that, or the BattleCon wiki has Burrowing and Stinging swapped
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Slade
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to use this on mac, I am having a problem installing the cvxopt module. Any computer davy people mind PMing me so I can get it working?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaron Racah
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
Bug: When using the "default" starting discards, for Kajia it selects "Burrowing Dash" instead of "Stinging Dash"

Either that, or the BattleCon wiki has Burrowing and Stinging swapped


Bug confirmed. Default discards for Kajia (and for Clinhyde, as long as I was looking) will be corrected in next version.

Thanks for reporting!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yaron wrote:
Elyklord wrote:
Bug: When using the "default" starting discards, for Kajia it selects "Burrowing Dash" instead of "Stinging Dash"

Either that, or the BattleCon wiki has Burrowing and Stinging swapped


Bug confirmed. Default discards for Kajia (and for Clinhyde, as long as I was looking) will be corrected in next version.

Thanks for reporting!


Cool. And please don't take Abarane away. IT's too fun to lose to her...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dinobottm2 wrote:
yaron wrote:
Elyklord wrote:
Bug: When using the "default" starting discards, for Kajia it selects "Burrowing Dash" instead of "Stinging Dash"

Either that, or the BattleCon wiki has Burrowing and Stinging swapped


Bug confirmed. Default discards for Kajia (and for Clinhyde, as long as I was looking) will be corrected in next version.

Thanks for reporting!


Cool. And please don't take Abarane away. IT's too fun to lose to her...


I should give her a shot. Kinda hard to fight against her if you don't know her cards though.

Edit: And tokens, apparently. She sounds like the female Arec. **shudders**
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
dinobottm2 wrote:
yaron wrote:
Elyklord wrote:
Bug: When using the "default" starting discards, for Kajia it selects "Burrowing Dash" instead of "Stinging Dash"

Either that, or the BattleCon wiki has Burrowing and Stinging swapped


Bug confirmed. Default discards for Kajia (and for Clinhyde, as long as I was looking) will be corrected in next version.

Thanks for reporting!


Cool. And please don't take Abarane away. IT's too fun to lose to her...


I should give her a shot. Kinda hard to fight against her if you don't know her cards though.

Edit: And tokens, apparently. She sounds like the female Arec.

**shudders**


I´m taking notes of her totals to try and find out her cards and tokens.

But back to the bug register:

Im having some problems playing with Gerard. After i chose my mercenary, it keeps showing "Invalid strategy"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] |