Matthew
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
Private OverText >_< Do Not Read!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran into a few questions that I could not locate an answer for. It is quite possible that I have overlooked them.

1. What are the rules for using the Torchbearer and other followers? The rulebook only mentions followers, that I could find, was in the Serendipity sectioned. This really only stipulated that allies can move and attack while followers cannot.

2. Do lairs count as a monster type/activate the Darkness? Last nights play session, the tile was cleared of all monsters and to avoid loitering a movement card was played, this advanced the AP to 6 and activated the darkness. As there were no monsters on the board, no event card was drawn. Was this correct or should an event card been drawn as there was still a lair on the board?

3. On the Talek's merchant card there are three draw from the green item deck card for gold(?). How is the "?" determined?

If these have been already been covered elsewhere, then please forgive my ignorance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1° The card for the torchbearer will be in the next shipment. If Mercs autorise it i can give you the text, bu i am not sure there was no modification since last time.

2° If there is a lair you must draw a card of course, even if you killed all monsters.

3° the price is written on the treasure cards there is 2 numbers Buy/Sell value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to help you out

1. You'll use Serendipity to summon the allies, but you must first unlock them. I believe they are rewards of some of the quests.

2. I think you have to look at that the other way around. What's important isn't really the minis on the board, but what races are active. In this case, even if there were no minions left, that race was still active, and therefore you were correct to add 1 AP in the Refresh Phase.
BUT, you should have drawn a Darkness card since there was an active race, which would have spawn more monsters.

3. I haven't received the game yet, so I don't have access to Talek's card, but I think he's the one they mentionned earlier that has the top 3 cards of the green deck available for sell, so it's simply a matter of you drawing the top 3 cards, and buying them for whatever their purchase value. (The gold ? meaning read the gold value on the card)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Drahken wrote:

3. On the Talek's merchant card there are three draw from the green item deck card for gold(?). How is the "?" determined?

I'm guessing this one is you draw the item then it costs whatever the buy cost is in the bottom right corner.

edit: d'oh too late

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

THANKS ALL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Say, what exactly is meant by Titles allowing players to keep an extra item? It's mentioned on page 12 but I can't find anything else about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rickman
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally you can not keep items between completed games. If you have titles, you can keep one item per title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Magic Pink wrote:
Say, what exactly is meant by Titles allowing players to keep an extra item? It's mentioned on page 12 but I can't find anything else about it.

After completing a story quest, you have a choice of replacing 1 card from your deck with 1 of the novice cards or recieving a title. The title has an effect and is unique to that quest, the other benefit to a title is that it allows you to carry over 1 piece of equipment per title from game to game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heythulu wrote:
Normally you can not keep items between completed games. If you have titles, you can keep one item per title.

Where is that stated? Pg 45 under inventory claims that stored items stay with heroes between play sessions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:

2° If there is a lair you must draw a card of course, even if you killed all monsters.

Wouldn't you only draw a card if the lair was within a Hero's Threat Range? Or are Lairs always considered activated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
Endevor wrote:

Wouldn't you only draw a card if the lair was within a Hero's Threat Range? Or are Lairs always considered activated?

Once the monster-type is active, the distance between the heroes and monsters/lairs of that monster-type is irrelevant. The enemy doesn't deactivate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:
Endevor wrote:

Once the monster-type is active, the distance between the heroes and monsters/lairs of that monster-type is irrelevant. The enemy doesn't deactivate.

Where does it say this in the rules? The part I'm reading says specifically that you have to check Threat range every Darkness cycle and if no enemies are in threat range the cycle ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes the not active rule does not appear often, only on 12x12 or greater and at the beginning of play sessions (when the threat is still low).
Once you active them they don't forget you that easily you can't all back one square and say "i am not threatening you anymore"
This rule let you choose a little how you will approach the big new tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
RemiBureau wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:
Endevor wrote:

Where does it say this in the rules? The part I'm reading says specifically that you have to check Threat range every Darkness cycle and if no enemies are in threat range the cycle ends.

It also says you don't have to check once every monster-type is active.

Edit : p33 : Once a monster-type on a tile becomes active it stays active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So a Lair is considered a Monster then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
So a Lair is considered a Monster then?

No, but they're part of the monster-type

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not a monster but it is part of the monster type, it make me remember i added something about the ranged monster they ignore their own lair for tracing LOS too like their kind, it is a necessary rule to understand one of the example for LOS.

Remi caught it when proofreading the fr version if i am not wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But if they aren't considered a monster and a lair is the only thing on the board, a card wouldn't be drawn because it requires an active Monster, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes but the lair is still active, you draw a card it is 100% sure.

When you are asking yourself a question like that, you should ask yourself what if i can just kill everymonster to completely neutralise a lair, in this case we will almost never attack the lair and his 5 wound. It does not make a lot of sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:

When you are asking yourself a question like that, you should ask yourself what if i can just kill everymonster to completely neutralise a lair, in this case we will almost never attack the lair and his 5 wound. It does not make a lot of sense.

Well, the whole time you aren't attacking a lair, it's still spewing out monsters. I'd still go for the lair first.

But I think I get what you're saying. Once a monster-type is activated, they all stay activated and a lair is part of a monster-type. I think we can still just use Monster tho as Monster is a catch all for minion, captain, boss and lair and that's the term they use most often in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It take generally fewer attacks to kill 7 monsters than do 5 dmgs to a single target, there is some 3dmg attacks but there is more AOE attacks in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:

So hypothetically, you rush on the board and kill all of one monster type before they can activate, more than likely not going to happen as you would generate 6+ AP to do this, will the lair itself still activate? If it does, what is its threat range? Is it the same as the monsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am not sure if it is a written rule but once you attack a monster type they become active, you can't kill half of them then go back outside the threat range to avoid activation. So if you kil all monsters the Lair become active whatever the distance you are pulling back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Threat range of the monster + your own threat rule activation is not here to tell you if the monster see you or not, but if you threaten (= being close enough) them they activate to kill you.

If you kill their friend they ACTUALLY feel threatened

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Drahken wrote:
Endevor wrote:

So hypothetically, you rush on the board and kill all of one monster type before they can activate, more than likely not going to happen as you would generate 6+ AP to do this, will the lair itself still activate? If it does, what is its threat range? Is it the same as the monsters?

It doesn't have a threat range because it became active when you killed the other monsters. You don't check for threat range again once a species of monster is activated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.