Lue Nuwame
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Superpowerful Bonanza: The video game-inspired, comic book based, 3D handmade Board Game Adventure

This is a 1-5 player game in which players become 1 of 4 superheroes attempting to take back their city from 5 super villains. The board is designed to resemble a multiple-level city. 45-60 minute playing time.

Come by and join our Indiegogo campaign (a kickstarter equivalent platform for non-US-based companies). Campaign runs from March 10th to April 8th.

http://igg.me/at/superpowerfulbonanza/x/1146965

And visit our new Boardgamegeek page for pictures and information. More info and instructional videos will be added soon. Happy gaming! cool
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/156019/superpowerful-bona...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there actually a villain named "Splooge"? Did I read that right?

Also, the design seems a little, um, busy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lue Nuwame
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hey Daniel,

Yes indeed - the villain is named Splooge! No need to clear your eyes. Named my gooey monster character that name on purpose.

The game does look very colorful and over-the-top and that is intentional. I'll be honest, when people see the game in person, I have haven't heard the term "busy", but I can completely understand that perception on first glance.

It is meant to look like a city complete with sidewalks and infrastructure. By early next week I will have a video up showing the game play - it is actually quite straight forward and logical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You say it's necessary to get the full $5K to launch the title, but you have a "flexible funding" model...And you're going to refund everyone if it doesn't fund...after paying the 12% fees IndieGoGo is going to charge?
http://www.indiegogo.com/how-pricing-works-on-indiegogo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indiegogo and Flexible funding are going to keep me and a lot of others away. You should seriously consider cancelling this and starting it on Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lue Nuwame
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Thanks for the concern, but too much effort has gone into this to suddenly cancel it. It makes the most sense to let it run its course and see what the result is. I'm coming out with this game no matter what and those who already funded it will still get my very best. I know this concept and campaign won't be for everyone. Thanks for your honesty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lue Nuwame
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Andrew, the reason it was put as a flexible campaign, from the original fixed campaign, is due to the payment options Indiegogo provides. They provide more payment options with a flexible campaign and many of my donors wanted something beyond Paypal (I suppose that is why it is a popular option). I should have been aware of this prior, but it was my rookie mistake.

I am not afraid to take a loss on this campaign if it doesn't work and reach its goal. You already know that with flexible campaigns, the money is kept and no one offers a refund. Many times the concept is never published and your money is gone! I get that, and the fear people have of flexible campaigns. The money back guarantee is my cost of doing a flexible campaign if so requested. Some piece of mind no one else on Indiegogo does!

I leave the choice of a refund to the donors at the end of the campaign and have properly re-worded the campaign and video to reflect that. Many of my existing donors WANT this game and asked me what my plans are if it fails. My answer is simple - I GOING TO MOVE FORWARD AND MAKE IT! Even if I have to take out a loan (original plan before Indiegogo), this game is going to be made. So I'm fortunate those who donated so far do not want a refund - they want the perks I'm going to make. I like the fact people ask me questions before they donate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.