Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been curious about this as I've been researching Ignacy's other works. I just picked up The New Era and was wondering are these very different?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:
Tom Vasal liked this one

which simply means he got a comp copy to review
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I owned this one and sold it without ever playing it It looked neat (cool art) but it wasn't going to get played. Note that it's been on daily deal several times now. I think partly because $30 is a high MSRP for what's in the box (a deck of cards, 5 larger cards, and a few counters).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gallo
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:
Tom Vasal liked this one

To be fair, while I don't always agree, Tom gets a lot of comped copies and trashes many of them. The reviews tend to steadily decline following the big shows (Essen/GenCon) because the games with the most potential get played first and around this time of year we get to see the bottom of the pile.

I would take him at his word on this one. I picked it up myself the last time it was on sale. I haven't gotten it to the table yet but it looks pretty good for a less than $15 game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormbringerGrey wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:
Tom Vasal liked this one

To be fair, while I don't always agree, Tom gets a lot of comped copies and trashes many of them.

This. I've seen him thrash quite a few games that he most definitely didn't pay for.

His KS previews are straight up promotion but I've never seen any reason to doubt the authenticity of his actual game reviews. (whether you agree with his taste or not)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
StormbringerGrey wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:
Tom Vasal liked this one

To be fair, while I don't always agree, Tom gets a lot of comped copies and trashes many of them.

This. I've seen him thrash quite a few games that he most definitely didn't pay for.

His KS previews are straight up promotion but I've never seen any reason to doubt the authenticity of his actual game reviews. (whether you agree with his taste or not)

I have also seen Tom do a KS preview and then later trash that same game in a review.

But I have also played some of the games that Tom actually really loved and did not care for them. To each is there own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
StormbringerGrey wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:
Tom Vasal liked this one

Chiming in to agree as well. Not a very nice accusation to make without some really solid proof.

Edit: And yeah, previews and reviews are 2 very different things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Von Duck
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good game. I don't think it has long-term legs, but it's a good 2p filler game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
DukeVonDuck wrote:
This is a good game. I don't think it has long-term legs, but it's a good 2p filler game.

That's what I was concluding. We never play filler games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.