Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had loads of miscut cards and a couple of damaged cards too, sent off pics and a detailed e-mail as requested... was told it was being dealt with and yet have heard nothing since.

This is appalling. I doubt I'll ever buy or back another project from the designers or manufacturers.

Has ANYONE received replacements? soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukáš Rinka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, noone recieved replacement yet. BUT what exactly is so much shocking? Dealing with this problem takes time and I believe they want to do this right this time. And HW is posting on KS page almost everyday about progress.

Please, find and read every information befor posting such an agressive comment.

I´m not defending HW... not at all. I think their communication could be better, but comments like yours definitely don´t help neither...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigermuppetcut wrote:
I had loads of miscut cards and a couple of damaged cards too, sent off pics and a detailed e-mail as requested... was told it was being dealt with and yet have heard nothing since.

This is appalling. I doubt I'll ever buy or back another project from the designers or manufacturers.

They have to bascially reprint nearly half of each set sent to each KS backer, that's not something that gets done quickly, especially since they have to actually wait until they get the final count of all the miscut cards (which they are probably STILL getting since the last of the KS backers are just getting their product). It would make no sense to order a special print run after each email, so obviously they have to wait until they've heard from ALL backers before submitting their order.

Yes, the communication could be and should be better, but it's hardly "shocking" and hardly a reason to never buy product from them again, especially since the game is so fun.

I'll tell you what's "shocking", it's shocking that I've got a bunch of miscut cards too and yet I've still been able to play dozens of games and have a blast. I know they are working to correct the issue, and the game is still very much playable with the miscut cards, and that's good enough for me right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koz1120 wrote:
tigermuppetcut wrote:

They have to bascially reprint nearly half of each set sent to each KS backer, that's not something that gets done quickly, especially since they have to actually wait until they get the final count of all the miscut cards (which they are probably STILL getting since the last of the KS backers are just getting their product). It would make no sense to order a special print run after each email, so obviously they have to wait until they've heard from ALL backers before submitting their order.

Yes, the communication could be and should be better, but it's hardly "shocking" and hardly a reason to never buy product from them again, especially since the game is so fun.

I'll tell you what's "shocking", it's shocking that I've got a bunch of miscut cards too and yet I've still been able to play dozens of games and have a blast. I know they are working to correct the issue, and the game is still very much playable with the miscut cards, and that's good enough for me right now.

I agree with what Steve has said. The game is fun but the lack of frequent and clear communication has marred some of the backers' overall experience.

I hope that Hobbyworld didn't forget to ship me my missing second copy of Berserk, my Knights and Villains add-on and all the KS exclusive cards in addition to the replacement of the miscut cards and dented player boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Vaillancourt
United States
Dartmouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was expecting something different when I read the header to this string. I actually got an email yesterday from Game Salute saying my replacement cards had been shipped. Here is what it said was coming:

Berserk Card Sets #1-90,91-180+#181-245 With Danav Card 1

When I read "shocking customer service" I thought people were starting to get their replacement cards. I never really expected them to fix the issue. I'm 'shocked' they did. Kudos to them.

I have the same cut issue with my Pathfinder card game cards and the feedback I got from Paizo was basically "Tough, deal with it" (I'm paraphrasing a bit but that was the gist).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rabool wrote:
I was expecting something different when I read the header to this string. I actually got an email yesterday from Game Salute saying my replacement cards had been shipped. Here is what it said was coming:

Berserk Card Sets #1-90,91-180+#181-245 With Danav Card 1

When I read "shocking customer service" I thought people were starting to get their replacement cards. I never really expected them to fix the issue. I'm 'shocked' they did. Kudos to them.

I have the same cut issue with my Pathfinder card game cards and the feedback I got from Paizo was basically "Tough, deal with it" (I'm paraphrasing a bit but that was the gist).

Yeah, I got my notice too. I'm actually surprised that it happened as fast as it did. Plus it says the missing Danav card is coming too! Sweet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if the Non US/EU customers will have to wait an extra 2 months to receive their replacements like we had to wait for the base game?shakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Overton
United States
Odessa
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I would have to agree. Nothing HW has said since they started has been true. From their original shipping date to fixing the errors, to getting the art book done. If other business' did customer service like this they would be out of business. What I was told I'd have 8 months ago I still don't have. Not a good copy of the game with all the cards, not the art book and no response from HW.

This is getting very tedious.

This will more than likely by my last KS project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Vaillancourt
United States
Dartmouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my replacement cards yesterday. All fixed. I'm pretty impressed.

Btw, if you are new to Kickstarter, better grow a thick skin or just get out. Nothing goes as planned and don't ever believe any dates that are promised. If you go in with very low expectations, you'll typically do alright. At the end of the day, backing a Kickstarter is no guarantee you'll ever get anything anyway, so it's all a dice roll to begin with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Overton
United States
Odessa
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Good advice.

It's worse than that when others are getting what they paid for and you don't. So, as said, this will be my last one.

Lesson learned with these guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rabool wrote:
Got my replacement cards yesterday. All fixed. I'm pretty impressed.

Btw, if you are new to Kickstarter, better grow a thick skin or just get out. Nothing goes as planned and don't ever believe any dates that are promised. If you go in with very low expectations, you'll typically do alright. At the end of the day, backing a Kickstarter is no guarantee you'll ever get anything anyway, so it's all a dice roll to begin with.

True that backing any project on Kickstarter is a gamble. But from a business perspective, if a company want to be sustainable, they need to make an effort to make their customers happy. I believe with the introduction of Berserk: Wars of the Realm, Hobbyworld is attempting to enter into the international market with its games and they have plans to grow their games. The concern is with the lack of communication and non-specific details provided to the backers about replacements and missing items, it does not help build the needed good-will with the backers to promote the game and to have confidence in backing future expansion (unless some strong assurance that the current problems will not be repeated.).

I am happy for you of having receiving your replacements. But this makes some backers wonder, why some people have gotten notifications and why some have receive their replacements already. How does Hobbyworld manage the process of delivering the replacements and missing items? How are they going to deliver/ship them? Are these items delivered/shipped separately? Who are the ones who have written to hobbyworld@international.ru will be the first batch to receive the replacements? When will the items to international backers be sent?

I cannot deny that the games itself will have its merit to attract new buyers in the future (provided the retail version does not have the same quality problems experienced by KS pledgers) but it can be difficult for the company to have enthusiastic backers to promote the games and capture a significant market share within a short and early period of time. From this incidence, Hobbyworld will have to make much more effort to get people to back their future KS projects (due to loss of confidence). It is much better to make an early investment to communicate better so future endeavors will be well supported.

Hobbyworld is given another opportunity to salvage the situation. It is matter of how they can effectively manage its communication and later to successfully deliver the replacements and missing items as expected by the backers.

At this moment, all I got is a message via KS message saying "If you followed through update #28 and said everything there than you will get what you pledged for. Thank you for your message." I did write to hobbyworld@international.ru (twice) but receive no response to my email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Taylor
United States
Camino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the replacement cards, unfortunately they only sent me 1-175 and Danav. I didn't get any of the other promo cards or any of the addon cards.

Did anyone else notice that the replacement cards have a rough texture on the back, while the originals were smooth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caledor wrote:
I just got the replacement cards, unfortunately they only sent me 1-175 and Danav. I didn't get any of the other promo cards or any of the addon cards.

Did anyone else notice that the replacement cards have a rough texture on the back, while the originals were smooth?

I don't think this is just an issue in the replacements. I have half of the basic cards from the Berserk: War of the Realms having smooth texture and the other half having rough texture. The texture of the cards does not bother me much (because I often sleeve the card before playing). What is important now is to be able to get the replacements and missing items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
It's My T.A.R.D.I.S.
badge
Galifreyan is hard to read
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Ben only received the Base set and they are being ass*_les about the Redia So you better check your set of cards and make sure you have a replacement for Redia because I didn't say anything they didn't send it. I am the one who told them of the problem first. My deluxe cards are 1 mm larger than the replacement set that came from Game salute. and those are from the first "bad" cut deck.
I am through with these clowns I also did not like them promoting their second game Septikon with a special set of cards for Berserk in the KS English version, That is not a very cool way to do business, and of course they had base sets at Essen before any of the backers received a set at all.

Russians all the way.
Scam artists and douche bags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat as @Caledor I finally got the replacement cards but it didn't cover everything. The special heroes, angels, locations, uncensored mermaids etc. are all still not replaced.

I sent a mail off so we shall see if those get replaced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukáš Rinka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know those cards you named (aka KS exclusives) were made OK, so why they should replace them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I must be super unlucky! Mine aren't too badly cut but they are clearly different stock and stand out from the "pack"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Taylor
United States
Camino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cup of Coffee wrote:
As far as I know those cards you named (aka KS exclusives) were made OK, so why they should replace them?

The KS exclusive cards were cut the worst out of all my cards. I still haven't heard anything about a follow up on my replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mailed hobbyworld and to their credit they responded quickly.

Though they stated that they'd had no other complaints about these cards and asked again for pictures (which I need to get around to taking!) - so I'm not sure if you've let them know about your issue yet Caledor but you should (and take a pic)

Also for clarity it turns out backers are only supposed to get 1 or each alternate artwork mermaid card (so not enough to fully replace the censored versions) - which is a shame. It doesn't matter for gameplay but I simply despise censorship and screwing with the original artist's intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game at essen 2013. A card was missing. I wrote to them in November and they said they would send it and asked for my address. Nothing happend. I wrote again to them in March. They asked for my address again, said they would take care of it. Nothing happened. This is really not acceptable.

Also, the cards from the expansion were a different size, which really does not work at all in a game like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Taylor
United States
Camino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I contacted them a while ago (after I got the replacements). I asked if they could give me replacements of the addons so that all my cards are the same sizes.

Hobby World USA LLC wrote:
Heroes of Six Realms and Knights & Villains are cut correctly. The printing house made a mistake only with base set cards from War of the Realms set.

I told them that I still had three different sizes of cards. And when I mixed certain cards in, they would stick out.

Hm. Impossible : ) Some difference like 0.0001 mm can occur, but if it is something noticeable, than it is really strange!

So I emailed them pictures of the cards sticking out. (obviously way more than 0.0001 mm)

As we can see, it is normal sizes for the cards. They may have very slight diffrerence in size and it's ok according to international standards. If we send you new cards, they will be just the same.
What we can do it to send you replacement cards for all in base version of the game.

I haven't bothered contacting them again, because I'm pretty sure it would be pointless.

After seeing that people are still having problems with the card sizes, I borrowed a dial caliper and measured my cards. The caliper only goes to 0.01" so I put +/- if the measurement was somewhere in between. After measuring them, I found that some of the sides are concave, some are tapered, but none of them are straight. I've never seen any other game with cards this messed up.

Anyways, here's my measurements of the cards if anyone wants to compare theirs. All numbers are in inches.

Size A: Replacement cards (#1-175)
top 2.51 left 3.52+
middle 2.50 middle 3.51+
bottom 2.51+ right 3.52-

Size B: Original cards (#176-199), Mermaids, and Heroes of Six Realms
top 2.52+ left 3.52
middle 2.52 middle 3.52
bottom 2.52- right 3.52+

Size C: Knights & Villains
top 2.52 left 3.53+
middle 2.53 middle 3.53
bottom 2.53+ right 3.53

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.