Subject: Some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Components

- There are 2 sets of miniatures (20 each), but are they produced in two different colours ?

- Are the miniatures "one piece" or must I use glue ?

- May we download the score sheets free from some website ?

- The game boards are double sided: "Dungeon" and "God of War". What's the difference ?

Game Setup

- Is it possible to use the same hero two or more times in the same team ?

- You recommend at least 6 heroes in a team. Is it possible to play with fewer heroes and is the game nevertheless balanced ?

- There seems to be no rules for placing obstacles (something like: place one obstacle for every two heroes).

- There is a stretch goal "High Ground": is this the "miniature" for the obstackle "rocks" or is it a new one ?

- There seems to be no "Line of sight"-rules. Is it from the middle of a field to the middle of the target field ? What about rocks that touch only at a corner: can you move/shoot between those rocks ?

Game Concepts

- Is this correct: Movement does not change the direction a hero is looking. To change this you must turn for 1 AP.

- Are attack modifiers cumulative ? So can a hit be "critical" AND "weak spot" and then the multiplier is 2,5 ?

- I'm not sure I understand the use of the moral die !

is this correct:
if I have a positive moral then the die can only make my dice result better
if I have a negative moral than the die can only make my dice result worse

what exactly is on the die ? on the picture the moral die looks like the chance die ?

- What exactly is the "front side" ?

- If the card stack is empty do I make a new one with the played cards ? What about the "Special Demigod Cards": Can I use them only one time in the game ?

- Is movement in the Hero Phase always the first action or is it possible to move after the attack ?

Hero Book

- Can you explain the use of the symbols for the skills ?

For example: Pegasus Dash
It's a skill (obviously)
"Pure Damage" is active so it can't be reduced
"Critical Strike" and "Evasion" is not active, so neither the attacker nor the defender must check Accuracy an Agility
"Deflect" is not active, so even a tank can't use deflect
"Moral" is active - What does this mean ?

according to the the text The Pegasus Knight "rushes an enemy in front of her" (range is 5) - so the Pegasus Knight may move up the 5 fields in a straight line ?

PS: I pledged the "Demigod Level". For me the combat is very similar to the combat in "Final Fantasy Tactics" (best game ever).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Kowbel
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of very good questions, subscribed to the thread so that I too can learn the answers.

I can answer a few questions though:

- no you cannot have 2 of the same hero on one team
- moving does not change your facing, you must spend one AP to rotate 90 degrees.

These are based on my perusal of the rulebook so far.

Looking really forward to this games (hopefully) very successful kickstarter and future
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milos Pavlovic
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Game Components

- There are 2 sets of miniatures (20 each), but are they produced in two different colors ?
--- As for plastics, we will use two different colors. Resin miniatures will not be colored so its up to you to to chose their color. Easiest way to distinguish teams is to color bases in different color.

- Are the miniatures "one piece" or must I use glue ?
--- Some gluing will most likely be required on both plastic and resin miniatures.

- May we download the score sheets free from some website ?
--- Yes, we will put it it drop box, no prob, but at the moment we are also working on alternative ways of presenting damage taken so pen and paper may become obsolete.

- The game boards are double sided: "Dungeon" and "God of War". What's the difference ?
--- Dungeon will have predefined obstacles in addition to the ones that players may add.

Game Setup

- Is it possible to use the same hero two or more times in the same team ?
--- Nope

- You recommend at least 6 heroes in a team. Is it possible to play with fewer heroes and is the game nevertheless balanced ?

--- Extensive tests were done with 6 to 9 Heroes per team. It is probably possible to play with less than that but "focus" users tend to become overpowered.

- There seems to be no rules for placing obstacles (something like: place one obstacle for every two heroes).
--- Placing obstacles is totally mandatory so use as many or as few as you wish

- There is a stretch goal "High Ground": is this the "miniature" for the obstacle "rocks" or is it a new one ?
--- It is a new obstacle that can be stepped on. Its stackable obstacle so you can put up to 3 on top of each other. Hero will have to spend as much extra AP as much High grounds are stacked to get on it or to get down from it. While on High ground, hero will have his ACC increased by the amount of stacked High grounds.

- There seems to be no "Line of sight"-rules. Is it from the middle of a field to the middle of the target field ? What about rocks that touch only at a corner: can you move/shoot between those rocks ?
--- If Hero can move diagonally than yes he can squeeze trough. It is also possible to attack or shoot that way. It is from the middle of the field to the middle of the field.

Game Concepts

- Is this correct: Movement does not change the direction a hero is looking. To change this you must turn for 1 AP.
--- Yes, that is correct. To turn by 90 degrees cost 1 AP.

- Are attack modifiers cumulative ? So can a hit be "critical" AND "weak spot" and then the multiplier is 2,5 ?
--- Yes they are. In case of rogue or an archer total multiplier is 3x.

- I'm not sure I understand the use of the moral die !

is this correct:
if I have a positive moral then the die can only make my dice result better
if I have a negative moral than the die can only make my dice result worse
--- Basically yes. Morale die can override the chance die.

what exactly is on the dice ? on the picture the moral die looks like the chance die ?
--- Its the horseshoe. Yes it is the same picture only different color, but that will be changed in final product to avoid confusion

- What exactly is the "front side" ?
--- I guess you refer to tanks ability to deflect frontal attacks. Attack coming from squares right in front of hero and from 2 front diagonal lanes are considered front side attacks.

- If the card stack is empty do I make a new one with the played cards ? What about the "Special Demigod Cards": Can I use them only one time in the game ?
--- In case the deck is used up, used cards are shuffled and new deck is made. Special Demigod cards can be used only once per game and would not be shuffled.

- Is movement in the Hero Phase always the first action or is it possible to move after the attack ?
--- It is always first action before "normal" attack. But some skills and spells allow movement and additional action after their use.

Hero Book

- Can you explain the use of the symbols for the skills ?

For example: Pegasus Dash
It's a skill (obviously)
"Pure Damage" is active so it can't be reduced
"Critical Strike" and "Evasion" is not active, so neither the attacker nor the defender must check Accuracy an Agility
"Deflect" is not active, so even a tank can't use deflect
"Moral" is active - What does this mean ?
--- When morale is active on skill it will add to the damage of that skill. Every point of morale adds +1 to the damage done.

according to the the text The Pegasus Knight "rushes an enemy in front of her" (range is 5) - so the Pegasus Knight may move up the 5 fields in a straight line ?
--- Yes, that is correct.

PS: I pledged the "Demigod Level". For me the combat is very similar to the combat in "Final Fantasy Tactics" (best game ever).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david rodriguez
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi Frank!!:D

In my early days as a tester I tried the game with my son and with few heroes, first only with two heroes, then three and finally with 4 and 5. But to make it even and as Nikola says, must reduce the board to 2 or 3 tiles, that way things are equal. So yes, you can make games with fewer heroes and in less time. Ideal for when you have a large group! With one game you can play several at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.