Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my girlfriend and I are finally getting a big group (total of 8 or 9 people) together to play Zombicide at our place. The largest game that we've played thus far has been 4 or 5 players.
We're super excited to show off our painting skills, and only use figures that we've painted (we have about 20 of the survivors painted, a couple dogs, and just basic zombies.)
The basic set has 40 walkers, 16 runners, 8 fatties, and 1 abomination.
For zombies, we have around 55, 20, 12, 2...and we'll use all of those.
I'm thinking that City Blocks might be a good scenario for the group, adding another spawn zone if we get a full 8, but I'd love input from others who have experience playing with big groups. Of our group, three of us have played several games, two have played twice with us, two have never played but are gamers, and the maybes aren't as big of gamers and have never played, but like Zombies. City blocks a good choice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not build your own scenario with a big map, so you can split your group into two teams starting from opposite ends. The teams can take their turns independently from each other, but then re-sync when the table spawns zombies. The turns will go twice as fast and there will be two areas of interest to watch in a player's down time. You have more than the 9 basic tiles, don't you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
Why not build your own scenario with a big map, so you can split your group into two teams starting from opposite ends. The teams can take their turns independently from each other, but then re-sync when the table spawns zombies. The turns will go twice as fast and there will be two areas of interest to watch in a player's down time. You have more than the 9 basic tiles, don't you?

If not, I would say yes, City blocks would be a fun game for 8 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, if you don't want to make your own, then City Blocks will be good with 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Hendrick
United States
North Grafton
MA
flag msg tools
mb
Which boxes do you have?
Personally I have Season 1 and Season 2, along with an extra tile pack for Season 2. (Still waiting for my TCM box).

Personally speaking, I posted a large (18-tile) scenario in the "Variants" section of this forum (Too lazy to get the link right now whistle ). We eventually got overrun with 6 survivors even with zombivors. It might be a good run with 8-9.

My one concern is that with that many survivors, if you don't have enough space to spread out, the zombies cannot really build up because you simply have too much firepower.

In short, assuming a perfectly spherical cow of unit radius and mass, you should be able to pull this off. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You could play the City Blocks or possibly try (C9)Gauntlet mission and just use the recommended rules for adding additional survivors. Which is (I think)1 additional Zombie spawn point for every 2 additional survivors.

We've played multiple games with 7-9 players. And while it added to the length of game, it still played well. As a matter of fact, we lost Gauntlet on the last turn.... lol

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan T
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I myself would not be that interested in playing with 8 or 9 people due to the downtime and all the discussion that´s gonna follow. But if I had to I would also choose a big scenario where you can split out in different groups so everyone gets a piece of action.

If you have S1, TCM and S2 (and preferably also Dogs) you should take a look at the one I made:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/100066/new-scenario-st...

GL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm a little concerned about the downtime between turns. I might do something similar to City Blocks, having to spread out to get supplies and search for items, but on a bigger map.
Also, while we can probably get a 4x3 map going, any larger and there won't be room on the table to roll dice without knocking down figures or for people's character cards as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mysthjuk wrote:

If you have S1, TCM and S2 (and preferably also Dogs) you should take a look at the one I made:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/100066/new-scenario-st...

GL!

I'll check it out. I have 2 packs of dogz, but currently only a few of them are painted, and for this game we're only playing with stuff that's been painted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.