Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke O'Hearn
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marsbarr wrote:

We have a PhD International Attorney helping us with the new Diplomatic Kit we just added. They are looking into Supremacy as a teaching tool for international trade, politics and law. Very cool.

Just when I didn't think I could be any more excited! This is exactly the direction Supremacy should go in. It plays up the games biggest strengths - that it's teaming with diplomatic tension and nicely simulates the feel of the modern world in crisis.

I'm envisioning diplomatic sanctions for frowned upon actions. A small penalty might be a fine, a bigger penalty might be a temporary suspension from the public markets, or even a seizure of bonds.

I'd like to see diplomatic forums with real teeth. Perhaps a large penalty for violating international treaty, and even a small penalty for not signing a treaty when enough other nations are backing it and pressuring you.

Perhaps a deck of cards filled with pretexts (for legal invasion of neutrals), and other cover-up cards - get out of jail free (or reduce your penalty) for various international offense. Whistle-blower cards to cancel a cover-up?

I'm sure you guys will do just great with this. Personally I'd put this ahead of minis on the priority list, but I realize there is a very loud demand for minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.