6 Posts

One Night Ultimate Werewolf» Forums » Rules

Subject: How to ensure two Masons? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Beanz
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rules say that there should always be two Masons in play. How do you ensure that two people will be Masons when one (or both of course) might end up as one of the hidden roles in the center of the table?

Especially as the player count decreases, there is an increasing chance that you won't have two Masons in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it means that if you're playing with masons, there should be 2 of them shuffled into the deck. Just as with werewolves, one or both could end up in the middle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean West
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Mason cards should be in the game but there is no guarantee that both will be given to a player. The rules are just saying that you must either include both cards in the deck or none.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beanz
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I assumed that must be what it meant.

Just wanted to confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Reaser
United States
Morgantown
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To provide some further insight, even if only one Mason makes it into the game (because the other Mason is in the middle), that still gives the one player Mason some information: he KNOWS that the other Mason is in the middle, so he could trip somebody up in a lie based on those middle cards or counting up all the roles that are supposed to be in the game. So the Mason can still be powerful even if the other Mason is in the center.

But, yeah, there's never and guarantee that any role at all will make it into the game, because even the Villagers, of which there are 3, could all be in the center with none left over for the players. So you never know, even about Werewolves and Masons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Davis
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
As a werewolf I looked at a center card (we played lone wolf optional rule) and saw a mason. Seer started day phase by claiming to have seen two *other* cards declaring mason and werewolf. I immediately claimed sole mason and coasted to a win without benefit of a minion. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.