Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Boyes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the linked the Cobra campaign it costs 6 Refit Points to purchase a P-47 Airstrike.

Is a P-47 Airstrike different than a P-47 Close Air Support Mission?

An airstrike sounds like a one-time shot at just one hex, whereas the CAS mission can keep returning to the draw cup turn after turn as long as it passes its die roll vs. hits inflicted.

Thanks for any help.

Good gamin'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Boyes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I may have found an answer to my question.

I see in the Chaos Table that there are one-shot airstrikes listed as "Allied Air Support" and "German Air Support" that allow one use of a P-47 or Stuka.

At 6 Refit Points for an airstrike, I think they would be too powerful if they were reusable like Close Air Support Missions.

So we've got Airstrikes, Air Support and CAS Missions. It would be nice to have a glossary clearly defining these terms and outlining their differences during game play.

Now I've got to search for where the Leader in the Cobra Campaign can come from. I know that the Chaos Table can generate leaders, but I haven't seen a call for Chaos chits in the Cobra campaign game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.