Billy Babel
United States
Guymon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Just finished the interlude, and the heroes had about 400 gold after the end of it. They have gotten a few things in act one, and they have a treasure hunter, I don't really have anything to compare that to, so is 400 gold at the end of act one a scary amount for them to have, or an average amount for them to have, or a sub par amount for them to have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BillyBabel wrote:
Just finished the interlude, and the heroes had about 400 gold after the end of it. They have gotten a few things in act one, and they have a treasure hunter, I don't really have anything to compare that to, so is 400 gold at the end of act one a scary amount for them to have, or an average amount for them to have, or a sub par amount for them to have?

For a 4 hero campaign, if that is the total of their current gold and all items that they have found and bought, then it is abysmally little.

You can expect the heroes to get at least 2 search tokens per encounter, more often then not they will get three and sometimes four.

They have 8 Encounters (First Blood, 2 per Act 1 Quest, the Interlude), so you should expect them to have at least 300 GP by then if they are superunlucky and get "nothing" every quest (12 tokens at 25 GP each).
Generally I would assume that they get 24 Tokens with three treasure chests and three "nothing". That leaves 18 tokens at 25 or 50 GP each. So let's say 12 at 25GP and 6 at 50 GP.
So they will probably have found 600 GP in Gold and roundabout 300 GP in gear from Treasure Chests.

So by the end of the interlude I'd expect them to have about 800-900 GP in Gold and Equipment. More if they have some way of manipulating their chances (redraw cards) or easier access to treasure (Thief's Greedy ability for instance).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisdk wrote:
So by the end of the interlude I'd expect them to have about 800-900 GP in Gold and Equipment.

I think he's only looking at their gold, not factoring in the value of their equipment...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICE 0ne
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
during my last campaign the heroes had 375 gold going into the interlude. they had 75 gold after the interlude after buying 450 gold worth of stuff. you have to look at what they bought before that too though to see if they have acquired a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After learning our lesson in the base game campaign we barely bought anything in act 1 and had 750 gold saved up after the first act 2 quest to buy goodies. This does include a side quest, favorable travel cards and a treasure hunter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say that's a little bit higher than average, but it's not super *scary*. The most they can get with that is two Act II weapons, which certainly isn't ideal (better if you could limit them to just one), but it's not as bad as if they were going in with 600-800 Gold.

Even then, they won't get a chance to buy any good Act II stuff until after the first Act II quest, so you'll have some reprieve for a bit. That said, with a Treasure Hunter, it's entirely possible that they'll got into their first Act II Shop Phase with 600+ Gold, which is probably pretty bad for you. Depending on the Shop Phase draw, they might get three suitable weapons, and you'll be playing catch up from then on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Kopet
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing a labyrinth of ruin campaign with a treasure hunter as one of the heroes. We've played 3 quests so far and in addition to buying armor, mana weave and some weapons they have 475 gold they are sitting on. I'm a sad Overlorde at the moment, and I'm sure that the heroes will only get more gold by the time Act II goodies come around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
To really compare we'd have to know how much they have already spent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of Scary gold tally , I don't know if it was a fluke but when we played the 2nd Encounter of Honor among thieves Campaign in Labyrinth of Ruin, the Heroes had a great time of looting all of the gold. This is the quest with a lot of objective search tokens (Blue = 50g, Red = 25g) where Heroes keep all gold in excess of a particular amount they reveal in the mission. The heroes made 275 gold off of this one encounter robot

I worry for the overlord(me) in the next campaign shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What Is a Scary Amount of Gold for Heroes to Get?

That's easy!

A skele-ton!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Babel
United States
Guymon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
enie wrote:
Speaking of Scary gold tally , I don't know if it was a fluke but when we played the 2nd Encounter of Honor among thieves Campaign in Labyrinth of Ruin, the Heroes had a great time of looting all of the gold. This is the quest with a lot of objective search tokens (Blue = 50g, Red = 25g) where Heroes keep all gold in excess of a particular amount they reveal in the mission. The heroes made 275 gold off of this one encounter robot

You played that wrong, you have to use that gold to pay Raythen's debt which I think is like 125 gold or something, which you subtract from their amount of gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BillyBabel wrote:
enie wrote:

You played that wrong, you have to use that gold to pay Raythen's debt which I think is like 125 gold or something, which you subtract from their amount of gold.

As I mentioned in my post: Heroes keep all gold in excess of a particular amount they reveal in the mission.
The quest reward if heroes win states : 100gold + any gold in excess of goal( which in my case the goal was 125)
The 275g tally is after all this was taken into account
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.