Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick but important question: in CCA, when usints battled in melee (i.e. only warriors in CCA) even if they were attacked and took some hits, they were battling back with full strenght.

How is it in CCN? Do we fight back with decreased number of blocks (due to casualities) or full strenght, before taking hits from attacker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Grrr
mbmbmbmbmb
CCN dice are based on number of blocks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Decreased number of blocks! This reward the couragous attacker and compensate the fact that it's much more scary to attack in CCN because of the powerfull range fire! IMAO
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys for quick reply. I am just starting with CCN, after a lot of fun I had in CCA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battle back in Command and Colors: Napoleonic occurs after removing any blocks from the initial attacker's combat rolls. Thus the number of dice rolled for the defending unit WILL be affected by the attackers successful hits, ie. reduced.

The 'First Strike' card allows the defender to roll the dice before the attacker, and in that case the attacker might roll less dice because of casualties. Using the 'First Strike' card takes the place of melee battle back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mk20336 wrote:
Thanks guys for quick reply. I am just starting with CCN, after a lot of fun I had in CCA.

I did the same a couple of years ago. C&C:N plays differently but is just as enjoyable as C&C:A. You won't be disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you make the mistake of playing CCN like CCA (as I did), you will lose a lot.

You may even say the game is broken or not as much fun as CCA.

And then, if you spend the time to figure out that the problem is trying to play a fiddle like a guitar, you may come to enjoy it as much or more than CCA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben E
United Kingdom
Irthlingborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sduke wrote:
And if you make the mistake of playing CCN like CCA (as I did), you will lose a lot.

You may even say the game is broken or not as much fun as CCA.

And then, if you spend the time to figure out that the problem is trying to play a fiddle like a guitar, you may come to enjoy it as much or more than CCA.

Agree with this, I love both games but they play differently while being the same system. I prefer Napoleonics but only because I slightly prefer the time period the games are both solid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.