Le Fantôme de l'Opéra» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Harder for the Fantome player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimitris K
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the game about a week ago and I think it's quite good. But after 10 plays, all of them as the Fantome against the same opponent (my girlfriend), with the diva beginning at the standard position, it seems like the Investigator has a distinct advantage. I've only managed to win 2 games out of 10. In the remaining 8 I wasn't even close. Wouldn't have won even with the diva starting on the far right position. Is this a balance issue? Or am I doing something wrong? Or is my GF simply much better at this game? Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
trogwar wrote:
Or is my GF simply much better at this game?

Always a possibility! Have you tried switching sides?

In my experience it's easier for the Investigator, but I've never played more than a couple of games against the same opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris K
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We will try switching sides one of these days. She suggested it at some point, but I was like "No! Let's give it another go! There HAS to be a way!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been some balancing issues with the first Mr. Jack game. As far as I know, in later games (in at least one of them) the designers used AI softwares to balance things - pitting two AI players against each other a number of times to see which character is stronger etc.
Try to play the game both ways. After a few plays, to me it seems the game is finely balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lacxox wrote:
As far as I know, in later games (in at least one of them) the designers used AI softwares to balance things - pitting two AI players against each other a number of times to see which character is stronger etc.
AFAIK, it was for Mr. Jack pocket

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.