Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Kefauver
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Since you have to cycle every spell in your play area before you can use them again, it seems that the best thing to do is to get a single, very powerful spell, so you can keep casting, say, Cleavestrike, over and over.

I take it the main counter to that is to try to stick your opponent with 3 spells in hand so they have to take at least one extra spell, or is the risk of ending up with no spells, and therefore losing every fight, enough of a threat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hm i had not considered this as a strategy

you raise an interesting point. the rule about cycling spells was to prevent the use of a single spell being cast over and over

i will think about this

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kefauver
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Glad to hear I could be of some use, Todd. I'm putting this together right now and I'm eager to give it a go.

Maybe give a mana or damage bonus to whomever has the more spells, or set a minimum number of cities before any spells refresh, so you have to have at least two spells or the like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.