Hide
4 Posts

Mayhem: Fantasy Mass Battles» Forums » Rules

Subject: A Few Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Stinner
msg tools
Just got the rules, they look good. Read them a few times and have a few questions so far (note I may have missed these in the rules!):

1) Can you do a charge action in difficult terrain, if so what is the process?

2) Do impact attacks overcome fear/terror (the extra CP is not required to initiate combat)? Just wondering as that would mean if you charge or impact a fear/terror causing unit there would never be any extra AP's needed unless the combat continued and you had to attack again.

3) Is the cost to cast a spell 1 CP or 1 CP + 1 per Magic point used?

4) Can units with the Damage attribute have Heavy Armor? I'm guessing no since that applies to disorder only.

5) Does War Machine Plus fire mean any target at 11 inches or less would be auto hit, or is some type of roll still required.

Thanks!
John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Just got the rules, they look good. Read them a few times and have a few questions so far (note I may have missed these in the rules!):

Welcome to MAYHEM John!

Quote:
1) Can you do a charge action in difficult terrain, if so what is the process?

That's a good question.

Yes. You can charge through difficult terrain or across difficult ground if you pay the additional cost for moving through it equal to the DV of the terrain. This would bypass the requirement to roll dice and pick the lowest. So the process would be:

1. Declare charge
2. Pay additional cost in Cp equal to the terrain's DV
3. Roll 2 dice and keep the highest for movement

Quote:
2) Do impact attacks overcome fear/terror (the extra CP is not required to initiate combat)? Just wondering as that would mean if you charge or impact a fear/terror causing unit there would never be any extra AP's needed unless the combat continued and you had to attack again.

As long as you make a danger roll, then there are no additional Cp required for the move or the associated combat roll. So, if you wipe the enemy unit out with an impact or charge, then there would be no need for extra Cps. Roll well!

Quote:
3) Is the cost to cast a spell 1 CP or 1 CP + 1 per Magic point used?

The base cost to cast a spell is 1 Cp plus 1 magic point for each point you want to add to the result of the casting roll. Example:

1. I want to cast a summon spell. The base cost is 1 Cp.
2. I want to be sure that this one is successful. I spend 3 magic points to add 3 to the casting roll result.
3. I roll a 4 on 2d6 during the casting roll. I add 3 for the magic points spent.
4. The final casting roll result is a 7. Success! Huzzah!

Quote:
4) Can units with the Damage attribute have Heavy Armor? I'm guessing no since that applies to disorder only.

You are correct. The heavy armor trait won't help them. To represent heavy armor on units like behemoths, I recommend simply giving them a better CQ and BAR.

Quote:
5) Does War Machine Plus fire mean any target at 11 inches or less would be auto hit, or is some type of roll still required.

Correct. Direct fire war machines auto-hit at targets that are at an effective range of 11 inches away or closer [assuming you have LOS]. Just don't forget to add in the modifiers for difficult terrain or screening if applicable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stinner
msg tools
All makes sense...thank you! I'll post here if I have other questions.

Looking forward to the additional material coming out for Mayhem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
All makes sense...thank you!

No worries!

Quote:
Looking forward to the additional material coming out for Mayhem.

I'm in the process of going through the final edits and completing the layout right now. So, the new material should be out very soon. I'm excited to see what everyone's going to do with the expansion. There's some pretty cool stuff in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.