Subject: Have any pre-orderers received their 4th Editions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Or is it just KS backers at the moment? I keep checking my Game Salute account, but the order continues to be "unfulfilled". A watched pot never boils, as the saying goes, but I'm not sure what the form is for dispatch of pre-orders. Are they sent out to arrive on the release date in the US? Mine is for shipping to the UK, so I will be a bit miffed if it can be bought in shops here before my copy turns up.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mine (from GS) arrives later today via fedex...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Purdon

Twinsburg
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon order just arrived today.

I also just realized that the completist in me is going to be very annoyed. I ordered Factions not realizing that it has the older wooden colonies for purple (presumably so - I have not yet received it). It's silly, but I desire the newer(nicer) colonies for purple, so I guess I need to either flip this version of factions and wait for 2nd edition or pony up for the upgrade pack. Sheesh I'm dumb. robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Ah, should have specified "from Game Salute". Interesting that they are being shipped, though, thanks all. Guess I'll just have to wait and keep watching my GS account page

Sorry to hear you ordered the wrong Factions pack, Robert. Nearly made the same mistake myself. It could be made clearer in the AFF 2nd Edition description that it is the one to buy (i.e. pre-order) for compatibility with the 4th Edition base set. I want to order Factions too (from suppliers in the UK) but I'd like to know my base game has been dispatched first!

Gerald, they are doing... aren't they? (Still not absolutely certain)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an email from Game Salute on Monday saying the game had shipped. FedEx says it should arrive tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mine just arrived (fedex, from GS)...I'm in SC...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Hmm, now my question is becoming "Are their any pre-orderers whose 4th Edition hasn't been shipped?". Good to know that GS email you when it has been dispatched. Maybe I ought to start worrying that mine hasn't

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered from Game Salute about two months ago. Monday (10 March), I got an e-mail that my order had shipped, I received it yesterday (13 March). If you pre-ordered and did not receive a shipping e-mail, I'd consider trying to contact Game Salute about your order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hann_Boe
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moose Malloy wrote:
Hmm, now my question is becoming "Are their any pre-orderers whose 4th Edition hasn't been shipped?". Good to know that GS email you when it has been dispatched. Maybe I ought to start worrying that mine hasn't

i got my preorder yesterday (i preordered it back in December 2013).

I would suggest calling GameSalute and checking on the status. They are some good people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moose Malloy wrote:
i only got my "shipping" email after my 2nd email to them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Thanks all, I have emailed Game Salute to ask (politely) when it will be shipped. Calling them is impractical, I'm in the UK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul, copies in the UK will be shipping this week. I was up at the warehouse last Wednesday to see their set up and ALL the Alien Frontiers boxes. You shall have it in your hands soon!

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
That's great Michael, thanks for taking the time to post and reassure me. Looking forward to receiving it immensely

Now I know that, I think I'll be ordering Factions too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Danville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get the approval from the wife to pre-order until a few days ago and mine still shows unfulfilled. I hope I didn't miss anything by waiting so long... :/

*Note: I did order another game at the same time, and it already shipped, otherwise I would have just thought it hadn't been long enough since placing the order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, got mine on Wednesday...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
yes, got mine on Friday. I still haven't yanked the shrink off the box yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine last Thursday in St. Petersburg, FL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dalziel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Haven't received a shipping email. I'm Canadian.
edit: just logged in and it says unfulfilled.
Ordered a copy of Sunrise City along with AF in October

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Well, the 2nd Edition Factions that I pre-ordered this week from a UK retailer has been dispatched today, so there are copies of that in the UK, but there is still no sign from Game Salute that I will have anything to play it with. Any updates on UK shipping of 4th Edition, Michael?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Couch wrote:
Amazon order just arrived today.

I also just realized that the completist in me is going to be very annoyed. I ordered Factions not realizing that it has the older wooden colonies for purple (presumably so - I have not yet received it). It's silly, but I desire the newer(nicer) colonies for purple, so I guess I need to either flip this version of factions and wait for 2nd edition or pony up for the upgrade pack. Sheesh I'm dumb. robot

I didn't know there were 2 different styles of Factions that I could have ordered. I only saw one option, and I got the new plastic purple colonies, which is fine, but the rest of mine are the wooden discs.

I need to check with my son first (who will insist on playing purple, now that this is an option for us), but let me know if you'd like to do a swap, my plastic purples for your wooden ones. If it's fine with my son, we can do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Purdon

Twinsburg
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Steven,

I would definitely be up for that if you are still interested after checking with your son. However I still actually haven't received Factions yet to know for certain the version (ordered from the UK), so I'll have to get back to you once it arrives (better be sooon!!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. I'll let you know and you can let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Danville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update (I posted earlier in the thread).

I placed my pre-order on Game Salute about two weeks ago. It showed unfulfilled still as of late last week, so I reached out to GS. They emailed me back the next day and said it showed on hold for some reason so they updated the order and it shipped the next day. Should be here tomorrow or the day after!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Tim, how did you contact them please? I've emailed them twice via their Contact Us fill-the-form page, but I've had no response (admittedly one of those was only last Friday). I don't like those forms, they leave no record of sending unless you copy & paste the content first. Is there a direct email address? I placed my order in August! I could order it from a UK retailer now and have it delivered in a day or two, but I've paid GS for the thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Honorable Salmon P. Chase
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
Paul, copies in the UK will be shipping this week. I was up at the warehouse last Wednesday to see their set up and ALL the Alien Frontiers boxes. You shall have it in your hands soon!

Michael

Have you released these to your distributors? I was hoping to pick this up from my local game store. Any idea when I can hope to see this game flowing into the Seattle area?

Been looking forward to getting my hands on a copy for a long while!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.