Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you started with 2 Mama cards, you'd have no Grande worker and no cash, but start with four workers and six cards (so far I've only seen Mama cards that have three cards on them).

If you started with 2 Papa cards, you'd have no starting cards and only two workers, but they would both be Grande workers and you would be cash-rich or have a good head-start on buildings.

Was this (either) ever play tested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric: No, we structured the mamas and papas so that they couldn't be mixed in that way. Although that isn't a commentary on how we feel about same-sex marriage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Eric: No, we structured the mamas and papas so that they couldn't be mixed in that way. Although that isn't a commentary on how we feel about same-sex marriage.

Those of use with KickStarter Aboriculture who buy Tuscny will have a second Grande worker (although, you could just use a not-in-this-game special meeple, as well). Maybe I'll get people to try it out and report back next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, yeah, some people will have extra grandes. That would make for a pretty loose game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Powers

Atlanta
Georgia
msg tools
I was trying to think of a drafting system or some way to give players options, like starting with 2 of each but picking 1. The only issue is that they can then just pick the Papa card that gives them the most money if they don't want either building.

Though I also like not having a choice as long as everything is balanced, that way I am forced to make new decisions I haven't made before and try out new strategies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John: Yeah, it's more of the latter we're aiming for, but we did list a 2 mama/2 papa variant in the rulebook if people really want that choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.