Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently FFG is coming out with a new version of Jyhad / Vampire: The Eternal Struggle due to the success of Netrunner.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/20f1dn/we_are_richard_...

UPDATE: Apparently, as confirmed by Christian T. Petersen, FFG was working on it but they decided for a number of unnamed reasons to pass on actually publishing it.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FFG to release new Jyhad / Vampire: The Eternal Struggle game!
snore



All teasing aside, I'm happy for fans of that game. I thought it wasn't terribly good though, myself, so here's hoping that FFG can fix it up (a lot) before releasing it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Torres
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Re: FFG to release new Jyhad / Vampire: The Eternal Struggle game!
I can categorically state with full certainty that the linked claim made above is false. Fantasy Flight Games has no plans to publish any version of Jyhad/Vampire: The Eternal Struggle.

Anton Torres
Fantasy Flight Games
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FFG to release new Jyhad / Vampire: The Eternal Struggle game!
FFG Anton wrote:
I can categorically state with full certainty that the linked claim made above is false. Fantasy Flight Games has no plans to publish any version of Jyhad/Vampire: The Eternal Struggle.

Anton Torres
Fantasy Flight Games


and that is simply dissapointing
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FFG to release new Jyhad / Vampire: The Eternal Struggle game!
FFG Anton wrote:
I can categorically state with full certainty that the linked claim made above is false. Fantasy Flight Games has no plans to publish any version of Jyhad/Vampire: The Eternal Struggle.

Anton Torres
Fantasy Flight Games


That's interesting. Why would Richard Garfield think you were then?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FFG to release new Jyhad / Vampire: The Eternal Struggle game!
FFG Anton wrote:
I can categorically state with full certainty that the linked claim made above is false. Fantasy Flight Games has no plans to publish any version of Jyhad/Vampire: The Eternal Struggle.

Anton Torres
Fantasy Flight Games

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: FFG to release new Jyhad / Vampire: The Eternal Struggle game!
Stexe wrote:
FFG Anton wrote:
I can categorically state with full certainty that the linked claim made above is false. Fantasy Flight Games has no plans to publish any version of Jyhad/Vampire: The Eternal Struggle.

Anton Torres
Fantasy Flight Games


That's interesting. Why would Richard Garfield think you were then?

Maybe because they're releasing a game based off some of the mechanics with none of the IP? Because I'm having trouble believing that Garfield is either lying or completely misinformed...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FFG to release new Jyhad / Vampire: The Eternal Struggle game!
Bobloblah wrote:
Stexe wrote:
FFG Anton wrote:
I can categorically state with full certainty that the linked claim made above is false. Fantasy Flight Games has no plans to publish any version of Jyhad/Vampire: The Eternal Struggle.

Anton Torres
Fantasy Flight Games


That's interesting. Why would Richard Garfield think you were then?

Maybe because they're releasing a game based off some of the mechanics with none of the IP? Because I'm having trouble believing that Garfield is either lying or completely misinformed...


It's interesting that FFG never posts on BGG these days and suddenly here Anton is.

Garfield is on the LMDS saying he'd love to make NR in a non-collectible format. A year later A:NR is born

Today Richard says FFG is doing Vampire. I agree with the above, either Richard is wrong about the extent of the relationship of what FFG is working on and the original IP or FFG is using the core engine without the theme to avoid paying another company for the use of the IP like they do Wizards now.

Perhaps he's off his nut, but the strong and swift reaction to Richard's statement is suspicious to me. Then again, being an avid NR player, I am always wary of the corp.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian T. Petersen
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FFG to release new Jyhad / Vampire: The Eternal Struggle game!
locusshifter wrote:
Bobloblah wrote:
Stexe wrote:
FFG Anton wrote:
I can categorically state with full certainty that the linked claim made above is false. Fantasy Flight Games has no plans to publish any version of Jyhad/Vampire: The Eternal Struggle.

Anton Torres
Fantasy Flight Games


That's interesting. Why would Richard Garfield think you were then?

Maybe because they're releasing a game based off some of the mechanics with none of the IP? Because I'm having trouble believing that Garfield is either lying or completely misinformed...


It's interesting that FFG never posts on BGG these days and suddenly here Anton is.

Garfield is on the LMDS saying he'd love to make NR in a non-collectible format. A year later A:NR is born

Today Richard says FFG is doing Vampire. I agree with the above, either Richard is wrong about the extent of the relationship of what FFG is working on and the original IP or FFG is using the core engine without the theme to avoid paying another company for the use of the IP like they do Wizards now.

Perhaps he's off his nut, but the strong and swift reaction to Richard's statement is suspicious to me. Then again, being an avid NR player, I am always wary of the corp.


Dave, FFG did look into publishing this game for a time, and we decided to pass on it for a number of reasons. Richard was not up to date (no fault of his) on this decision.

So, no VTES, in any form, from FFG.

Sorry,

Christian
FFG
45 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FFG to release new Jyhad / Vampire: The Eternal Struggle game!
Flightmaster wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
Bobloblah wrote:
Stexe wrote:
FFG Anton wrote:
I can categorically state with full certainty that the linked claim made above is false. Fantasy Flight Games has no plans to publish any version of Jyhad/Vampire: The Eternal Struggle.

Anton Torres
Fantasy Flight Games


That's interesting. Why would Richard Garfield think you were then?

Maybe because they're releasing a game based off some of the mechanics with none of the IP? Because I'm having trouble believing that Garfield is either lying or completely misinformed...


It's interesting that FFG never posts on BGG these days and suddenly here Anton is.

Garfield is on the LMDS saying he'd love to make NR in a non-collectible format. A year later A:NR is born

Today Richard says FFG is doing Vampire. I agree with the above, either Richard is wrong about the extent of the relationship of what FFG is working on and the original IP or FFG is using the core engine without the theme to avoid paying another company for the use of the IP like they do Wizards now.

Perhaps he's off his nut, but the strong and swift reaction to Richard's statement is suspicious to me. Then again, being an avid NR player, I am always wary of the corp.


Dave, FFG did look into publishing this game for a time, and we decided to pass on it for a number of reasons. Richard was not up to date (no fault of his) on this decision.

So, no VTES, in any form, from FFG.

Sorry,

Christian
FFG

Too bad. I would have bought it all.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: FFG to release new Jyhad / Vampire: The Eternal Struggle game!
Flightmaster wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
Bobloblah wrote:
Stexe wrote:
FFG Anton wrote:
I can categorically state with full certainty that the linked claim made above is false. Fantasy Flight Games has no plans to publish any version of Jyhad/Vampire: The Eternal Struggle.

Anton Torres
Fantasy Flight Games


That's interesting. Why would Richard Garfield think you were then?

Maybe because they're releasing a game based off some of the mechanics with none of the IP? Because I'm having trouble believing that Garfield is either lying or completely misinformed...


It's interesting that FFG never posts on BGG these days and suddenly here Anton is.

Garfield is on the LMDS saying he'd love to make NR in a non-collectible format. A year later A:NR is born

Today Richard says FFG is doing Vampire. I agree with the above, either Richard is wrong about the extent of the relationship of what FFG is working on and the original IP or FFG is using the core engine without the theme to avoid paying another company for the use of the IP like they do Wizards now.

Perhaps he's off his nut, but the strong and swift reaction to Richard's statement is suspicious to me. Then again, being an avid NR player, I am always wary of the corp.


Dave, FFG did look into publishing this game for a time, and we decided to pass on it for a number of reasons. Richard was not up to date (no fault of his) on this decision.

So, no VTES, in any form, from FFG.

Sorry,

Christian
FFG

Well, it would appear I stand corrected, and Garfield was indeed misinformed. Thanks very much for the clarification, Christian. Your directness is appreciated.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FFG to release new Jyhad / Vampire: The Eternal Struggle game!
Flightmaster wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
Bobloblah wrote:
Stexe wrote:
FFG Anton wrote:
I can categorically state with full certainty that the linked claim made above is false. Fantasy Flight Games has no plans to publish any version of Jyhad/Vampire: The Eternal Struggle.

Anton Torres
Fantasy Flight Games


That's interesting. Why would Richard Garfield think you were then?

Maybe because they're releasing a game based off some of the mechanics with none of the IP? Because I'm having trouble believing that Garfield is either lying or completely misinformed...


It's interesting that FFG never posts on BGG these days and suddenly here Anton is.

Garfield is on the LMDS saying he'd love to make NR in a non-collectible format. A year later A:NR is born

Today Richard says FFG is doing Vampire. I agree with the above, either Richard is wrong about the extent of the relationship of what FFG is working on and the original IP or FFG is using the core engine without the theme to avoid paying another company for the use of the IP like they do Wizards now.

Perhaps he's off his nut, but the strong and swift reaction to Richard's statement is suspicious to me. Then again, being an avid NR player, I am always wary of the corp.


Dave, FFG did look into publishing this game for a time, and we decided to pass on it for a number of reasons. Richard was not up to date (no fault of his) on this decision.

So, no VTES, in any form, from FFG.

Sorry,

Christian
FFG


Thanks for the clarification, I'll update my posts. =)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FFG to release new Jyhad / Vampire: The Eternal Struggle game!
Flightmaster wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
Bobloblah wrote:
Stexe wrote:
FFG Anton wrote:
I can categorically state with full certainty that the linked claim made above is false. Fantasy Flight Games has no plans to publish any version of Jyhad/Vampire: The Eternal Struggle.

Anton Torres
Fantasy Flight Games


That's interesting. Why would Richard Garfield think you were then?

Maybe because they're releasing a game based off some of the mechanics with none of the IP? Because I'm having trouble believing that Garfield is either lying or completely misinformed...


It's interesting that FFG never posts on BGG these days and suddenly here Anton is.

Garfield is on the LMDS saying he'd love to make NR in a non-collectible format. A year later A:NR is born

Today Richard says FFG is doing Vampire. I agree with the above, either Richard is wrong about the extent of the relationship of what FFG is working on and the original IP or FFG is using the core engine without the theme to avoid paying another company for the use of the IP like they do Wizards now.

Perhaps he's off his nut, but the strong and swift reaction to Richard's statement is suspicious to me. Then again, being an avid NR player, I am always wary of the corp.


Dave, FFG did look into publishing this game for a time, and we decided to pass on it for a number of reasons. Richard was not up to date (no fault of his) on this decision.

So, no VTES, in any form, from FFG.

Sorry,

Christian
FFG


Ever?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
Avatar
mb
Re: FFG to release new Jyhad / Vampire: The Eternal Struggle game!
Victor Mancha wrote:
Flightmaster wrote:
Dave, FFG did look into publishing this game for a time, and we decided to pass on it for a number of reasons. Richard was not up to date (no fault of his) on this decision.

So, no VTES, in any form, from FFG.

Sorry,

Christian
FFG
Ever?
I bolded the portion that might give you hope.
There are plenty of publishers in the sea...

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Alves
Brazil
Porto Alegre
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Simply the best card game ever created IMO. I played for ten years and it saddens me to tears to know it was discontinued. I still have hope though, and I can only imagine the reasons FFG will not publish it. First, it was discontinued because the rights to use the Deckmaster system from Wizards expired and WW and WotC could not come to terms about the extension of the contract.

FFG would have to extensively reimagine/tweak the game to be able to bypass the mechanics that integrate Deckmaster elements, or else pay two "fees": one to Wizards and another to WW to be able to use their IP, the theme and lore of the game itself.

I'm only speculating, of course. Whatever their reasons may be, I still think they are missing the mark here. The game is SO GOOD, it would undoubtdly make a huge success given the marketing possbilities of nowadays in comparison with when it was launched.

I disagree that the game needs to be 'fixed' because of length or fiddliness. I think the potential public of the game is a little different from A:N, the same way that a fan of Elder Sign is not necessarily a fan of Arkham Horror, and both are published by FFG and have their fanbase, as an example. The 'all Cardgames must be fast' corolary is false IMO. Those in doubt check L5R, for instance.

I hope FFG turn back on their decision and rethink the potential hidden in this wonderful game.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iori Yagami
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True. Games should be distinct from one another, or else they just steal the spotlight from each other and get people confused. Euros and dicefests both exist and will continue to coexist peacefully, since they satisfy players' different needs.
The only thing I'm afraid of, is V:TES will kick Call of Cthulhu LCG out, since it too has similar theme. Two 'dark-themed' card games is too much to be profitable, I guess.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic schmidt
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OH MY God Theys seems they changed their mind and do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm skeptical about your report.

But I want this to be real.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic schmidt
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
me too ... i just share it because i want to beleive
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOU!

I don't care what day of the year it is, you do not get to toy with my emotions like this! cry
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wormhole surfer wrote:
me too ... i just share it because i want to beleive

But where did you get it from?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Medina
Spain
Asturias
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see V:TES come back in any form...
(btw today I won't believe anything that pops up)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kohei Nomura
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can not believe it. I can not even believe FFG decided to pass on it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kohei wrote:
I can not believe it. I can not even believe FFG decided to pass on it.


It is also April 1st on the internet.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dubya
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I know where you live, and I've seen where you sleep. I swear to everything holy that your mothers will CRY when they see what I've done to you.
badge
Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany expression.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamshadow wrote:
wormhole surfer wrote:
me too ... i just share it because i want to beleive

But where did you get it from?

Doing a quick Google image search on it, it appears to be a very nicely doctored version of the (also probably never happening) MMO teaser image.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.