Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Snowdonia» Forums » Rules

Subject: How many Steel Bars do I pay when I take the "D": Lay Track action ??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
HHHHH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Let's say I have 2 steel bars and the Work Rate track indicate 2 for the Lay Track rate.

When I use the "D" Lay Track action, can I turn in just 1 bar and lay 1 track ???

-----------------

2) Let's say I have 1 steel bar and the Work Rate track indicate 2 for the Lay Track rate.

Can I use the "D" Lay Track action to turn in just 1 bar and lay 1 track ???

-----------------

3) Let's say I don't have any steel bar, can I put my worker in "D" Lay Track space anyway to block other players ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parks
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
gagawolala wrote:
1) Let's say I have 2 steel bars and the Work Rate track indicate 2 for the Lay Track rate.

When I use the "D" Lay Track action, can I turn in just 1 bar and lay 1 track ???

-----------------

2) Let's say I have 1 steel bar and the Work Rate track indicate 2 for the Lay Track rate.

Can I use the "D" Lay Track action to turn in just 1 bar and lay 1 track ???

-----------------

3) Let's say I don't have any steel bar, can I put my worker in "D" Lay Track space anyway to block other players ???

1) You have to do as much as possible so no
2) Yes
3) I don't see anything about not being able to take a space if you can't complete the action. Therefore I believe the answer is yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You resolve your Labourers in the Lay Track action spaces in order, with each being resolved as follows.

Determine these three numbers: (a) the current Lay Track Work Rate plus any bonuses; (b) the number of Steel Bars you have; and (c) the number of the fully-excavated (but not yet turned over) Track cards.

Let M be the maximum of a, b, and c. Return M Steel Bars to the supply, turn over the next M fully-excavated Track cards and place your ownership markers on them (until you run out). (Note that you can lay more track then you have ownership markers. See here.)

If you have no Steel bars, then b=0 and so is M. You don't lay any track. This allowed (and can be used to block other players), but it is a waste of a Labourer.

If you have more than one Labourer on a Lay Track action space, you can lay more track than current Lay Track Work Rate - if you have enough Steel bars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.