Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
If you haven't worked it out from previous reports - this is the ultimate (so far) in negotiation games; a truly excellent game that takes a long time to explain to newcomers but ends up being played with great energy and interaction. It is important to keep each negotiation short otherwise it becomes a very long game. And the money does run out - a pretty trivial but nevertheless irritating problem really.

Antony and Dai adopted a clear strategy of collect as many privilege cards as possible and basically shared them out between themselves. Antony was usually willing to bid the most for actions and this was especially true late in the game when the prices got quite steep. Although I had the benefit of having played before this did not prove to be andvantage as I found the early bidding too steep and was very slow to get into the game. I thought that James would win with his quiet accumulation of commodities and regular fulfilling of orders. But it was Dai with the combination of privelege cards and shrewd bidding on commodities for orders that won through. The last round was a bit of an anticlimax as it was pretty clear what everyone wanted but at least the negotiations were either brief or non existent. With four players the game played the full 8 rounds.
Dai 1015, James 940, Anthony 865 and Keith 840. These scores seem a lot higher than other groups report.

Having played the game a few times I have at last realised that the "fair" price for you to pay for an action is what other people are also prepared to pay you for it and must not be influenced by getting an immediate economic return on the investment. You can pay someone more than item is clearly worth provided they pay you the same money back later for an item of the same absolute value. I look forward to cleaning up in the next game!

The Seer Green Beanies are a small group of has-beenies(*) who live in the UK Buckinghamshire village of Seer Green. We meet once a fortnight on Mondays and if you would like to join us then contact me on UK 01494 675066.

* I am sure the others would claim that this term only rightly applies to one of us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.