Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fieryseraph
United States
Centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Question: What are the chances that the virtual play feature will be developed, despite that stretch goal not being reached?

I don't think I have friends that would be interested in playing this with me. But if I could play online against other people... I'd be in in a heartbeat. So the dev would gain at least one customer (and presumably more!) by the implementation of this feature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in non-official channels members of the dev team have said they'd really like to make it happen, and I know that the software platform has connectivity support (it's how the higher-level pledgers are helping test the unit balance right now)... So all the elements are there to make it happen - I think they just need to have a good launch and have some success at retail to be able to commit the additional resources to polish and support true remote play.

Personally, I'll be surprised if it's not added within six months of launch - fingers crossed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy M
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Kickstarter Backer Guru!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think it will be a matter of fine-tuning the 'overlay' features, etc... similar to how they were shown in the Stretch Goal video.

The groundwork seems to be there. So I think it would be a short term item to see down the road.

Personally, if they do it right, it could be a revolutionary step forward in table top gaming (re: remote play)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Remote play, and Colossus AI (so we can play solo games) are the 2 items i am most looking forward to...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gilbank
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The remote play feature I recall them having said several places in the comments(sick and busy with work, will try and find a link or something later) like most of the unreached Stretch Goals were things they are still planning for the game. But they will be after launch and pretty dependent on sales/success of the game in the general market. I do believe Remote Play was high on the post launch to-do list last I had heard.

A purely digital experience though I do not think is in the cards. Remote play plus augmented reality where it could sub in digital models would be really awesome. Also now that is all I will think about today >.>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hallstrom
United States
Jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had the opportunity to participate in the beta (alpha?) testing with the current online system they have built. It has ugly/coarse graphics for what will be miniatures and board (which I never needed to waste time making pretty) and a bit of an unwieldily interface (we don't have styluses to poke at things or reference cards - so again no polish or wasted effort on the things that will never exist in the real game).

What we already have though is a system that allows people to play remotely. So I feel it is unlikely that with any initial commercial success they won't instate remote play.

I have my fingers crossed for Colossus AI as well! (Though the current Jagara colossus is a bit of a cream puff [just got introduced and has yet to go through even one adjustment - all the codex base golems have been through at least 4 versions for balance and fun).

Overall, while I am taking a bit of break on play testing because I need to attend to real life for awhile (and I have already been through about 30 plays as it evolves). I am still very excited about this game and looking forward to how it will look and play when I have my hands on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.