Subject: Need Rulebook or Differences Between Empire Builder and Eurorails rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Milbrath
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
badge
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7
mbmbmbmbmb
So upon opening my copy of Eurorails, I found the rules for Martian Rails. Can anyone give me a rundown of the differences between Empire Builder and Eurorails or does anyone have a pdf of the rules? I've got the newest edition if that makes a difference. I've contacted Mayfair games, so hopefully I'll get a response, but I was really hoping to play it over the weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mayer
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much difference.

Start with 50 mil each.

There are Ferry Ports: 2 players may build into each. Pay the cost listed on the milepost. Special: Cost to build to Dublin and Belfast is 6 mil and 4 mil respectively; only the ferry line cost applies.

Using Ferry: Train stops at a port, losing remainder of movement. Next turn, start counting from the opposite port, moving at half speed, round up. (So a 9 speed train moves 5 spaces it's next turn).

Chunnel: Cost 20 to build. Can't build it until you have a upgraded train. To use, just travel over it as if it were normal track.

To win: connect 7 of 8 cities and have 250 dollars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Randall
United States
Jeffersonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't played another map with them, the alpines (hollow mountains, primarily on switz/italy and france/italy borders) were more to build into than regular mountains. 5 instead of 2, IIRC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Amick
United States
Grand Island
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
"Too late, you took your finger off the piece..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a link to the EB v3 rules on the Mayfair site:

http://mayfairgames.com/mfg-shop3/rules/MFG0450-Rules-V3_0.p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Milbrath
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
badge
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7
mbmbmbmbmb
Haze Kalasa wrote:
Here's a link to the EB v3 rules on the Mayfair site:

http://mayfairgames.com/mfg-shop3/rules/MFG0450-Rules-V3_0.p...

Thanks, but that's for Empire Builder. I already know how to play that, I was looking for the Eurorails rulebook which isn't on Mayfairs website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.