United Kingdom
Grimsby
N.E.Lincs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so the card in question is Nuclear Warheads

Nuclear Warhead
ACTION: At the end of the activation phase discard this card and place a minefield token within range 1 of your ship, but not within your forward firing arc and not on top of another ship. If a ship enters the minefield on a future turn, roll 3 attack dice. Any [hit] or [critical] damages the ship as normal. The affected ship does not roll any defense dice.

The query is the underlined bit. Does this mean that if my skill 1 captain flies up and drops mines in front of a higher skilled captain who then moves through them he takes no damage as it is not a future turn but the same turn?

Sorry if I'm being daft.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"Daft" might be an unreasonable assessment, but you are missing the part where the mines aren't placed until the end of the activation phase. This means that all ships have finished moving for the turn. It is not currently possible for a ship to overlap the warheads on the turn they're dropped, because no ships can move during the combat phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tsuk
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you drop them at the end of the activation phase it's after all the other captains have moved. Check out the top of page 9 of the rules for the definition of the activation phase.

Novacat, shouldn't you be asleep?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Short
United Kingdom
Grimsby
N.E.Lincs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
"Daft" might be an unreasonable assessment, but you are missing the part where the mines aren't placed until the end of the activation phase. This means that all ships have finished moving for the turn. It is not currently possible for a ship to overlap the warheads on the turn they're dropped, because no ships can move during the combat phase.

Your right I am missing that bit! got caught up in the next turn bit and failed to read the start text Doh! Cheers Guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rtsuk wrote:
Novacat, shouldn't you be asleep?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tsuk
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It figures you drop the idea of ships moving during the combat phase on me then go to sleep. I'm going to be up for hours over that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agreed that I should be asleep. I said nothing about going to sleep.

The possibility of new information on Wave 3 gives me insomnia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Andy (sorry I missed the first OP4 event).

Just to clarify - if a ship using Suicide Attack moves through it on the turn it's dropped it doesn't take damage.

See ruling in STAW wiki.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.