Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Ruhe
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It probably won't make much of a difference, but considering that there will be a new OP focus and that WK hasn't released dice packs yet, I'd love to see a second starter released with different ships.

Not sure what, though. Maybe some of the LE ships? Sutherland with new cards, a Borg ship perhaps (assimilated Klingon Bird of Prey, since there is already a HeroClix sculpt?) and Bioship Beta? Just grasping at straws here...

I think lots of people would snatch it up... Even people already into the game.

Would be nice to have extra dice and a second set of templates so that each player has a set.

Just wishful thinking! Let's fantasize...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I would pick up a TOS starter if they reissued a larger TOS Enterprise and a TOS D7 closer in size and scale to the Gal Gath'thong/Romulan Bird of Prey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:
and a TOS D7 closer in size and scale to the Gal Gath'thong/Romulan Bird of Prey.

...with a fixed bridge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drscottkelly wrote:
Helljin wrote:
and a TOS D7 closer in size and scale to the Gal Gath'thong/Romulan Bird of Prey.

...with a fixed bridge

...and painted WHITE like it is in every movie, tv episode, and card in this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And rulebook 2.0. I'd be all over that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drscottkelly wrote:
Helljin wrote:

...with a fixed bridge

buy any Heroclix Tactics D7 (except the B'Moth which is the only one with the messed up bridge that they based the AW model on) from ebay for less than $1, break it off the base and attach it to an Attack Wing base. Problem solved, and you get a nicer model with more detail as well. (the B'Moth that they borrowed the model for AW from was a cloaked ship that lacked a lot of the detain that the other models with the correct bridge orientation had). Ideally you would have to sand all of the raised detail areas flat anyway if you really wanted a true ToS D7.

As for the painting it white, that you would have to do on your own. None of the Tactics ships were white either, though they did have a light grey one and the gold one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Vulcan
msg tools
mbmb
I would only want this if thye released the other ships as stand alone packs. Releasing a second starter would likely mean getting rid of the old one... and that would mean new players would not have access to some of the best base ships / cards in the game (no picard, matha, enterprise D, antimatter mines, khazara, etc.) ... that would be too hard on new players. If it was changed without at least having those ships / cards available as stand alone packs, it would really hurt new players IMO.

I think the starter is fine as is.

Rather, I would like to see a dice pack, and some official plastic range / movement rulers (and perhaps other plastic tokens as well).

I wouldn't mind seeing an updated starter with a new rule book that has some of the FAQ in it, however that is not urgent and would really only apply to new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

A second starter set with the Dominion, Borg and Vulcan (sure why not! ) would be pretty cool.

Wizkids could make some really quick and dirty money by releasing a plastic movement template set and a pack seperatly sold dice.

Slicing off that D7 bridge with an X-acto knife and regluing it is really easy guys.

And if you drill out the weapon port you'll roll more hits on your attack dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MaximumDT wrote:
Slicing off that D7 bridge with an X-acto knife and regluing it is really easy guys.

Well yeah, but then what will we have to complain about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MaximumDT wrote:
Wizkids could make some really quick and dirty money by releasing a plastic movement template set

Who needs Wizkids for that?
http://www.litko.net/products/Space-Wing%2C-Maneuver-Gauge-S...

For $5 more, you can get them personalized

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.