Subject: Final round trigger rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Essa Echy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the "end of round" section of the rules it states that when any player discards, gives away, or otherwise loses their last card one final round is played.

But in the FAQ I read in a 4th.ed rule book it asked
Q:if i can empty my hand without taking an action, may I?
A:no, You must always take an action on your turn.

So.....
I am assuming that an action must be done to end your turn so that would mean that "gives away" needs to be removed from the rules since discard is an action and losing a card during your turn would happen if you attacked and that would have been an action.

So what do you all think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaron Frost
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
The "you must take an action, even if you just got rid of your last card" thing was a rule that we tried out for a while, but we found ourselves never really following it in practice. In the most recent version of the rulebook, that bit was removed. The official word is that you normally always need to take an action UNLESS you manage to go out during your turn somehow, in which case you don't absolutely need to take that final action (although discarding is the most common thing people will do with their final card, so this shouldn't come up very often).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.