Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Petty
United States
Lapeer
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I stopped by Ollie's on Wednesday on the way to a conference. I didn't know if Marrakech was worth picking up for $9.99, but I was intrigued since it appeared to be a euro style game from Fundex. I wish I had bought it now that I read a few comments.

I didn't count how many they had, but I remember seeing more than one. Nothing else caught my eye, but if you're close it might be worth stopping in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mpetty31 wrote:
I stopped by Ollie's on Wednesday on the way to a conference. I didn't know if Marrakech was worth picking up for $9.99, but I was intrigued since it appeared to be a euro style game from Fundex. I wish I had bought it now that I read a few comments.

I didn't count how many they had, but I remember seeing more than one. Nothing else caught my eye, but if you're close it might be worth stopping in.

In my opinion you made the right call to save $10 for another game. It was ok, but nothing special, and not something I would really want to play again. The theme is not that exciting and I found it very boring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that is a great grab on a nice family style game. Also a Spiel des Jahres nominee. The components are great, the little rugs and the wooden coins. Plus a nice little probability, puzzle game for families and kids. I picked mine up from Ollie's a few years ago for the same price. Nice to see them floating around at a good price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
Its quite a good family game ... well worth it. Maybe they would ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Passick
United States
Charlotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks you a ton for the heads up. I was heading into Lansing today anyway and saw this about a half an hour before leaving. Ollie's is one very interesting store so it's was a nice little adventure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Passick
United States
Charlotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh and there were four or five copies left for anyone interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moses
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
Just moved to Lansing so Ollies is a new store to my wife and I. Do they sell many board games there? We have been meaning to stop in anyways since I heard they tend to sell tools, generators and a lot of other really useful things insanely cheap. Would be nice if they carried games regularly too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Yates
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have an aisle of games but rarely much of interest. I've seen Marrakech frequently over the past few years in Cleveland but I already own it. I bought Executive Decision there last year. Haven't seen much else worth mentioning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moses
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
sfglbkf wrote:
They have an aisle of games but rarely much of interest. I've seen Marrakech frequently over the past few years in Cleveland but I already own it. I bought Executive Decision there last year. Haven't seen much else worth mentioning.

Thanks for the input! Will have to check it out when we stop, doesnt sound like its worth a special trip though. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, Clem's Comics is the best local board gaming store although it is partly a comics shop.

http://www.clemslansing.com/wordpress/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.