Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Masspequa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just started getting into Strategy and Tactics magazine/games and stumbled across Albert Nofi, wow, what an amazing fellow! Would love to just sit down and chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can read his books. Take a look around Amazon, then hit up your local bookstore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Fung
United States
Old Greenwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Courtknight wrote:

Just started getting into Strategy and Tactics magazine/games and stumbled across Albert Nofi, wow, what an amazing fellow! Would love to just sit down and chat.

I had a very brief email exchange with Al Nofi in the mid-90's. Nice guy. I loved his book on Gettysburg from Combined Books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walters
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
"...the art of manoeuvering armies...an art which none may master by the light of nature. but to which, if he is to attain success, a man must serve a long apprenticeship." -- G.F.R. Henderson
mbmbmbmbmb
He actually worked with Mike Markowitz, Peter Perla, and a few others on a project for me as part of the Center for Naval Analyses...we were integrating commercial war-games into intelligence training at the Navy-Marine Corps Intelligence Training Center back in 1999...

Got to yak with him at CONNECTIONS conferences now and again. He wrote THE MARINE CORPS BOOK OF LISTS, so we often talked about that! Very interesting conversationalist as well as an accomplished game designer and author. Had a great take on military innovation (we often talk about the successes, not all the failures--and there were many of them!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a link to find his games

Albert A. Nofi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's featured on Guns Dice Butter podcast.

http://gunsdicebutter.libsyn.com/guns-dice-butter-episode-xv...

Wish someone would commission him to do an Imperium Romanum III.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Masspequa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful interview, I really enjoy hearing about the early days of the hobby. Thanks for sharing the link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.