8 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Mostly Federation OP6 fleet to take DS9 turn 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Spurrier
msg tools
mbmbmb
Take two on my take DS 9 turn one build. I am using a throw away ship to take it.

Romulan science vessel
Captain
Transwarp Drive

Equinox
Dom ind. Flagship
Captain
Lojur
Q. Torps
Transwarp drive

Sutherland
Picard
Dmitri
Torps 3
Secondary torps

Total 99

The equinox sends the science vessel at Ds9 while the Sutherland and equinoxengage the fleet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Waters
msg tools
mbmbmb
Why even bother with the station? Your opponent will probably throw a strike force or 110 pt fleet at your other two ships and crush them.

Ditch the secondary torps on the sutherland in favor of upgrading from 3pt torpedoes to 5pt ones or quantums or upgrade from Dmitri to Spock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Spurrier
msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually, i know 2 out of the three venues don`t allow AO. The firepower of the station could be useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you own a Romulan pilot? If so, anything with a 4 straight and a 1 bank can get to DS9 first turn. Might change up your whole fleet with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Spurrier
msg tools
mbmbmb
A Rom pilot would get me two more points......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes... but you could pitch your whole transwarp/romulan science vessel with it. Apnex + Romulan Pilot + Bochra/Parem + 0 point romulan captain is 17 points. It gets there first turn, dumps two people on DS9, AND you can still blow up the Apnex for a point of damage on any ship within range 1.

You could then choose a different flagship to bring some more power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Spurrier
msg tools
mbmbmb
That could be useful for no other reason than to get a better flagship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
redleader 19

Michigan
msg tools
Dump the Sutherland for the Excelsior, if you want a federation torpedo boat, that's the one to do it with. And they are the same point cost at 26.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.