Hide
4 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Variants

Subject: "The Dunwich Horror" Scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fartax Fartax
msg tools
A Scenario consisting of 3 missions, with different endings and special rules. Trying to be faithful (at some degree) to the lovecraft original story "The dunwich horror", this scenario comprises the intent of stealing the necronomicon from the Miskatonic library, the arrival at dunwich, and the final battle against the horror. Any feedback appreciated.

Mission 1: NECRONOMICON STOLEN!

Mission 2: ARRIVAL AT DUNWICH

Dunwich Plot Cards

Mission 3: THE DUNWICH HORROR

Edited (1): After my first play test, I've changed the plot cards to make them more menacing. They weren't much of a challenge and we managed to complete them all, failing only one of them. Now i think it'll be more arkhamhorroresque.
My experience with the scenario although, was good. Just needs more play test and boosting the difficulty. Hope this will make the trick.
Realized that the scenario sheets require some corrections and specifications regarding card combos that i didn't thought of. I'll try to edit them as soon as possible. Still i think experienced arkham players can play with no problems through all the scenarios even without the corrections.

Edited (2): Added the corrections to the Scenario sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it certainly looks promising...one note, however, is that the scenario(s) involve a great deal of logistics in terms of additional Monster Cups, Monster Placement, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fartax Fartax
msg tools
Yup, it takes some time. No doubt about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are these available as a single downloadable file?

What are Plot Cards? How are they used? Is the concept from one of the Expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.