Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
97 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Matt Bevin v. Mitch McConnell rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Gray
United States
Bayfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This one is for the RSP folks on the right.

If you are dissatisfied with the weak leadership in the Senate, you may want to know that there is a small-govt candidate running against Mitch McConnell. Matt Bevin is a viable option and is worth supporting. He's got low polling numbers coming out of the gate, but that is to be expected seeing as he is a relative unknown.

His numbers are not unlike when Ted Cruz came out and took Texas. So it is doable, but due to the nature of our current system, he needs money. You can bet the Republican establishment will be dumping cash into this race for McConnell, so Bevin needs support.

If you are on the left... this is not the thread you are looking for.

Edit: Forgot to add the link. https://mattbevin.com/
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Mitch McConnell looks like someone repeatedly ran over his face with an asphalt roller and then slapped a pair of glasses on what was left of his nose. His politics are terrible and he needs to go. I know zero about this new guy but I looked at his web site picture. He's clearly a poser and a loser because he's white and appears to have adopted and raised a variety of non-white children. This is not allowed... unless you are a movie star. then you're the epitome of wonderful.

I wonder where they put the dog when they go on family vacations.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Republicans don't want small gov't. If they did, they'd want it out of people's bedrooms. Then again I'm a thoroughly disgruntled expat who used to identify with the Republicans and feels the party has abandoned anything resembling genuine conservatism.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gray
United States
Bayfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Republicans don't want small gov't. If they did, they'd want it out of people's bedrooms. Then again I'm a thoroughly disgruntled expat who used to identify with the Republicans and feels the party has abandoned anything resembling genuine conservatism.


And that is exactly why small-govt tea party types are pushing really hard to get a few people in each election cycle. This is one of those races. I'm not a fan of the Republican establishment either (do you want big govt with a D or an R?). That is why I would like to see McConnell booted and someone that actually stands on conservative principles get in there.
3 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gray
United States
Bayfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Mitch McConnell looks like someone repeatedly ran over his face with an asphalt roller and then slapped a pair of glasses on what was left of his nose. His politics are terrible and he needs to go. I know zero about this new guy but I looked at his web site picture. He's clearly a poser and a loser because he's white and appears to have adopted and raised a variety of non-white children. This is not allowed... unless you are a movie star. then you're the epitome of wonderful.

I wonder where they put the dog when they go on family vacations.


I see you are asking all the tough questions. They probably put him on top of the car like anyone else, why?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be awesome were he to win the primary.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Republicans don't want small gov't. If they did, they'd want it out of people's bedrooms. Then again I'm a thoroughly disgruntled expat who used to identify with the Republicans and feels the party has abandoned anything resembling genuine conservatism.


And that is exactly why small-govt tea party types are pushing really hard to get a few people in each election cycle. This is one of those races. I'm not a fan of the Republican establishment either (do you want big govt with a D or an R?). That is why I would like to see McConnell booted and someone that actually stands on conservative principles get in there.


The only thing I see Tea-Party pushing is religion, religion, religion. No Thanks.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gray
United States
Bayfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
I think it would be awesome were he to win the primary.


I am assuming you would like him to win the primary because you think he'll be trounced by the Dem in the general?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
jmilum wrote:
I think it would be awesome were he to win the primary.


I am assuming you would like him to win the primary because you think he'll be trounced by the Dem in the general?

Yes, exactly.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gray
United States
Bayfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Republicans don't want small gov't. If they did, they'd want it out of people's bedrooms. Then again I'm a thoroughly disgruntled expat who used to identify with the Republicans and feels the party has abandoned anything resembling genuine conservatism.


And that is exactly why small-govt tea party types are pushing really hard to get a few people in each election cycle. This is one of those races. I'm not a fan of the Republican establishment either (do you want big govt with a D or an R?). That is why I would like to see McConnell booted and someone that actually stands on conservative principles get in there.


The only thing I see Tea-Party pushing is religion, religion, religion. No Thanks.


Where are you seeing this exactly?

One of my favorite TP advocacy group is FreedomWorks. Take a look at their issues page. I'm not seeing "push religion" on the list. Bevin is getting support from FreedomWorks on this race, so that should tell you what kind of message he/they have.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Republicans don't want small gov't. If they did, they'd want it out of people's bedrooms. Then again I'm a thoroughly disgruntled expat who used to identify with the Republicans and feels the party has abandoned anything resembling genuine conservatism.


It's exactly this sort of meaningless and moronic, purposely false political babble that makes me wish that more supposedly conservative Americans would just fucking move to somewhere else.

Moshe, you're just turning into the Israeli version of Darilain.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gray
United States
Bayfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
jmilum wrote:
I think it would be awesome were he to win the primary.


I am assuming you would like him to win the primary because you think he'll be trounced by the Dem in the general?

Yes, exactly.


If you really want this to happen, I encourage you to check out the donate button on Matt's web page whistle

McConnell is practically on Harry Reid's staff at this point, so that's a risk I'm willing to take.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G L
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Republicans don't want small gov't. If they did, they'd want it out of people's bedrooms. Then again I'm a thoroughly disgruntled expat who used to identify with the Republicans and feels the party has abandoned anything resembling genuine conservatism.


And that is exactly why small-govt tea party types are pushing really hard to get a few people in each election cycle. This is one of those races. I'm not a fan of the Republican establishment either (do you want big govt with a D or an R?). That is why I would like to see McConnell booted and someone that actually stands on conservative principles get in there.


The only thing I see Tea-Party pushing is religion, religion, religion. No Thanks.


Where are you seeing this exactly?

One of my favorite TP advocacy group is FreedomWorks. Take a look at their issues page. I'm not seeing "push religion" on the list. Bevin is getting support from FreedomWorks on this race, so that should tell you what kind of message he/they have.


Apparently you didn't read between the lines. The TP couches their lustful need to forcibly convert humanity to Christianity in lures and traps that pretend to be political but are actually an attempt to seduce unsuspecting logical, rational-thinking PHD's into accepting Christ and then allowing Big Government into their bedrooms.

Just ask Moshe, he has all the answers about Christ, Republicans and bedrooms.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Republicans don't want small gov't. If they did, they'd want it out of people's bedrooms. Then again I'm a thoroughly disgruntled expat who used to identify with the Republicans and feels the party has abandoned anything resembling genuine conservatism.


And that is exactly why small-govt tea party types are pushing really hard to get a few people in each election cycle. This is one of those races. I'm not a fan of the Republican establishment either (do you want big govt with a D or an R?). That is why I would like to see McConnell booted and someone that actually stands on conservative principles get in there.


The only thing I see Tea-Party pushing is religion, religion, religion. No Thanks.


Where are you seeing this exactly?

One of my favorite TP advocacy group is FreedomWorks. Take a look at their issues page. I'm not seeing "push religion" on the list. Bevin is getting support from FreedomWorks on this race, so that should tell you what kind of message he/they have.


I see this is the Tea-Party Poster Boy, Rand Paul and other Tea Party Candidates.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gray
United States
Bayfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Republicans don't want small gov't. If they did, they'd want it out of people's bedrooms. Then again I'm a thoroughly disgruntled expat who used to identify with the Republicans and feels the party has abandoned anything resembling genuine conservatism.


And that is exactly why small-govt tea party types are pushing really hard to get a few people in each election cycle. This is one of those races. I'm not a fan of the Republican establishment either (do you want big govt with a D or an R?). That is why I would like to see McConnell booted and someone that actually stands on conservative principles get in there.


The only thing I see Tea-Party pushing is religion, religion, religion. No Thanks.


Where are you seeing this exactly?

One of my favorite TP advocacy group is FreedomWorks. Take a look at their issues page. I'm not seeing "push religion" on the list. Bevin is getting support from FreedomWorks on this race, so that should tell you what kind of message he/they have.


I see this is the Tea-Party Poster Boy, Rand Paul and other Tea Party Candidates.


I hate to be like all the "give me citations, links, etc" RSPers, because I hate when they demand it of me because of their inability to make a point. But I'm going to have to see a source or at least a specific instance of this.

Because right now the discussion is not very productive:
"The TP is religious."
"No it's not."

I have heard a lot of interviews and seen speeches by Paul and others (Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, etc) and am just not seeing it. Are you not religious? Perhaps you notice it more because it is outside of your belief system? I'm not saying people aren't religious, but it is certainly not part of the TP platform.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Republicans don't want small gov't. If they did, they'd want it out of people's bedrooms. Then again I'm a thoroughly disgruntled expat who used to identify with the Republicans and feels the party has abandoned anything resembling genuine conservatism.


And that is exactly why small-govt tea party types are pushing really hard to get a few people in each election cycle. This is one of those races. I'm not a fan of the Republican establishment either (do you want big govt with a D or an R?). That is why I would like to see McConnell booted and someone that actually stands on conservative principles get in there.


The only thing I see Tea-Party pushing is religion, religion, religion. No Thanks.


Where are you seeing this exactly?

One of my favorite TP advocacy group is FreedomWorks. Take a look at their issues page. I'm not seeing "push religion" on the list. Bevin is getting support from FreedomWorks on this race, so that should tell you what kind of message he/they have.


I see this is the Tea-Party Poster Boy, Rand Paul and other Tea Party Candidates.


I hate to be like all the "give me citations, links, etc" RSPers, because I hate when they demand it of me because of their inability to make a point. But I'm going to have to see a source or at least a specific instance of this.

Because right now the discussion is not very productive:
"The TP is religious."
"No it's not."

I have heard a lot of interviews and seen speeches by Paul and others (Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, etc) and am just not seeing it. Are you not religious? Perhaps you notice it more because it is outside of your belief system? I'm not saying people aren't religious, but it is certainly not part of the TP platform.


http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/P000603/...

Here's the vote record of Rand Paul. Notice I got to page 29, and see Paul voting with the Republican's over 95% of the time.

I am not religious. But I look at the Tea-Party Caucus and I see a list of people who vote based on the religion. That's fine, but that doesn't make them people who I would choose to support, nor people who I would consider libertarian.

There's a reason they're members of the Republican Party, and not the Libertarian Party.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Republicans don't want small gov't. If they did, they'd want it out of people's bedrooms. Then again I'm a thoroughly disgruntled expat who used to identify with the Republicans and feels the party has abandoned anything resembling genuine conservatism.


It's exactly this sort of meaningless and moronic, purposely false political babble that makes me wish that more supposedly conservative Americans would just fucking move to somewhere else.

Moshe, you're just turning into the Israeli version of Darilain.

It's Darilian and thank you. Personally I don't think it's correct but the comparison is no insult.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Republicans don't want small gov't. If they did, they'd want it out of people's bedrooms. Then again I'm a thoroughly disgruntled expat who used to identify with the Republicans and feels the party has abandoned anything resembling genuine conservatism.


And that is exactly why small-govt tea party types are pushing really hard to get a few people in each election cycle. This is one of those races. I'm not a fan of the Republican establishment either (do you want big govt with a D or an R?). That is why I would like to see McConnell booted and someone that actually stands on conservative principles get in there.


The only thing I see Tea-Party pushing is religion, religion, religion. No Thanks.


Where are you seeing this exactly?

One of my favorite TP advocacy group is FreedomWorks. Take a look at their issues page. I'm not seeing "push religion" on the list. Bevin is getting support from FreedomWorks on this race, so that should tell you what kind of message he/they have.


Apparently you didn't read between the lines. The TP couches their lustful need to forcibly convert humanity to Christianity in lures and traps that pretend to be political but are actually an attempt to seduce unsuspecting logical, rational-thinking PHD's into accepting Christ and then allowing Big Government into their bedrooms.

Just ask Moshe, he has all the answers about Christ, Republicans and bedrooms.

Are we talking Republicans or Tea Party now? Do try to be consistent in your mindless blathering.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gray
United States
Bayfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:

I hate to be like all the "give me citations, links, etc" RSPers, because I hate when they demand it of me because of their inability to make a point. But I'm going to have to see a source or at least a specific instance of this.

Because right now the discussion is not very productive:
"The TP is religious."
"No it's not."

I have heard a lot of interviews and seen speeches by Paul and others (Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, etc) and am just not seeing it. Are you not religious? Perhaps you notice it more because it is outside of your belief system? I'm not saying people aren't religious, but it is certainly not part of the TP platform.


http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/P000603/...

Here's the vote record of Rand Paul. Notice I got to page 29, and see Paul voting with the Republican's over 95% of the time.

I am not religious. But I look at the Tea-Party Caucus and I see a list of people who vote based on the religion. That's fine, but that doesn't make them people who I would choose to support, nor people who I would consider libertarian.

There's a reason they're members of the Republican Party, and not the Libertarian Party.


So they can actually get elected and get on the floor of the senate to address the American people? If the Libertarian party was viable, I would be all about it, but they are not at this time.

I just went through page 29 as well and counted precisely 29 votes differing from the republican majority. So 90%. That sounds about right. If he goes against the party 50% of the time, you start to wonder whose side he is on. It's not about disagreeing to disagree, it's about disagreeing on the right issues for the right reasons. Just doing a vote count doesn't really accomplish much. Unless it was like 99%.

Plus this doesn't really answer my question as to how the TP is pushing religion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:

I hate to be like all the "give me citations, links, etc" RSPers, because I hate when they demand it of me because of their inability to make a point. But I'm going to have to see a source or at least a specific instance of this.

Because right now the discussion is not very productive:
"The TP is religious."
"No it's not."

I have heard a lot of interviews and seen speeches by Paul and others (Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, etc) and am just not seeing it. Are you not religious? Perhaps you notice it more because it is outside of your belief system? I'm not saying people aren't religious, but it is certainly not part of the TP platform.


http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/P000603/...

Here's the vote record of Rand Paul. Notice I got to page 29, and see Paul voting with the Republican's over 95% of the time.

I am not religious. But I look at the Tea-Party Caucus and I see a list of people who vote based on the religion. That's fine, but that doesn't make them people who I would choose to support, nor people who I would consider libertarian.

There's a reason they're members of the Republican Party, and not the Libertarian Party.


So they can actually get elected and get on the floor of the senate to address the American people? If the Libertarian party was viable, I would be all about it, but they are not at this time.

I just went through page 29 as well and counted precisely 29 votes differing from the republican majority. So 90%. That sounds about right. If he goes against the party 50% of the time, you start to wonder whose side he is on. It's not about disagreeing to disagree, it's about disagreeing on the right issues for the right reasons. Just doing a vote count doesn't really accomplish much. Unless it was like 99%.

Plus this doesn't really answer my question as to how the TP is pushing religion.


TP is supporting religious candidates.

How many of those 29 votes were cloture votes?

And would you candidates who voted with the Democratic Party 90% or more to not be Democrats?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gray
United States
Bayfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:

I hate to be like all the "give me citations, links, etc" RSPers, because I hate when they demand it of me because of their inability to make a point. But I'm going to have to see a source or at least a specific instance of this.

Because right now the discussion is not very productive:
"The TP is religious."
"No it's not."

I have heard a lot of interviews and seen speeches by Paul and others (Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, etc) and am just not seeing it. Are you not religious? Perhaps you notice it more because it is outside of your belief system? I'm not saying people aren't religious, but it is certainly not part of the TP platform.


http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/P000603/...

Here's the vote record of Rand Paul. Notice I got to page 29, and see Paul voting with the Republican's over 95% of the time.

I am not religious. But I look at the Tea-Party Caucus and I see a list of people who vote based on the religion. That's fine, but that doesn't make them people who I would choose to support, nor people who I would consider libertarian.

There's a reason they're members of the Republican Party, and not the Libertarian Party.


So they can actually get elected and get on the floor of the senate to address the American people? If the Libertarian party was viable, I would be all about it, but they are not at this time.

I just went through page 29 as well and counted precisely 29 votes differing from the republican majority. So 90%. That sounds about right. If he goes against the party 50% of the time, you start to wonder whose side he is on. It's not about disagreeing to disagree, it's about disagreeing on the right issues for the right reasons. Just doing a vote count doesn't really accomplish much. Unless it was like 99%.

Plus this doesn't really answer my question as to how the TP is pushing religion.


TP is supporting religious candidates.


Like who? What are you talking about? Where can I find a list of "religious candidates"?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:

I hate to be like all the "give me citations, links, etc" RSPers, because I hate when they demand it of me because of their inability to make a point. But I'm going to have to see a source or at least a specific instance of this.

Because right now the discussion is not very productive:
"The TP is religious."
"No it's not."

I have heard a lot of interviews and seen speeches by Paul and others (Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, etc) and am just not seeing it. Are you not religious? Perhaps you notice it more because it is outside of your belief system? I'm not saying people aren't religious, but it is certainly not part of the TP platform.


http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/P000603/...

Here's the vote record of Rand Paul. Notice I got to page 29, and see Paul voting with the Republican's over 95% of the time.

I am not religious. But I look at the Tea-Party Caucus and I see a list of people who vote based on the religion. That's fine, but that doesn't make them people who I would choose to support, nor people who I would consider libertarian.

There's a reason they're members of the Republican Party, and not the Libertarian Party.


So they can actually get elected and get on the floor of the senate to address the American people? If the Libertarian party was viable, I would be all about it, but they are not at this time.

I just went through page 29 as well and counted precisely 29 votes differing from the republican majority. So 90%. That sounds about right. If he goes against the party 50% of the time, you start to wonder whose side he is on. It's not about disagreeing to disagree, it's about disagreeing on the right issues for the right reasons. Just doing a vote count doesn't really accomplish much. Unless it was like 99%.

Plus this doesn't really answer my question as to how the TP is pushing religion.


TP is supporting religious candidates.


Like who? What are you talking about? Where can I find a list of "religious candidates"?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_Caucus

Here's a list of the Tea Party Caucus. Pick one you don't consider Republican or religious based voter, and I'll tell you my opinion of them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
there is a small-govt candidate running against Mitch McConnell.

"Foreign Policy
America has the strongest military in the world and we must keep it that way."

I find this statement hard to reconcile with a small government conservative.

Also, I find it interesting that a small government conservative does not have a posted position on Medicare or Social Security. Especially when he holds such absolutist stances on other topics. This tells me he's either less small government than he's claiming (which seems likely) or he knows that taking a strong stance on entitlement spending would alienate his core voting base of older people.

Considering that the military, Social Security and Medicare make up the majority of spending, I don't know when the small part comes in.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gray
United States
Bayfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_Caucus

Here's a list of the Tea Party Caucus. Pick one you don't consider Republican or religious based voter, and I'll tell you my opinion of them.


Well, of course they're republicans, they are members of the republican party. The TP is an effort to reform the party to a more conservative state.

I'm not going to throw out names for you to provide your opinion on. I respect your opinion, but your opinion is not my opinion and does not change anything or advance your argument.

I'm really not sure what you mean by religious based voter. Are there really that many votes that have anything to do with religion? How does a religious person vote on the budget, foreign policy, the welfare state, health care?

Are the voting options yes, no, or Jesus? How does a person vote religiously? Just saying it repeatedly isn't really doing anything.

I presume you are a libertarian, so I'm not trying to be difficult; we probably have a lot to agree on. I just don't see how you can allege that an entire group of people votes religiously.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.