Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Anywhere to buy just single cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonny Willis
msg tools
I am looking to build a faction pure 2 ship Dom build, but I want to use 2 Breen Aides on each ship. However, I don't want to purchase 4 Gor Portas'.

EBay doesn't have them unfortunately. Any ideas?

Also, my store is behind on OPs. I want to use AOs united forces but I don't understand how it works. Is it like a flagship card? How do you get them?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tsuk
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably only need two, as you can only activate one from each scan token and it's pretty tricky to get more than one scan token in a turn.

Admiral's Orders are print and play. You can download the images from here: http://wizkidsgames.com/blog/2013/11/14/star-trek-attack-win.... Unified Force is free and United Force costs 5SP. You can only use one or the other, not both.

Check with your store, though, as some are phasing them out entirely at this point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Willis
msg tools
The Breen Aide sends "if you have a scan token besides your ship" doesn't say anything about discarding it in order to flip a blank. With 2 of them on each ship i should theoretically be able to flip 2 blanks each attack. Of course I could always swap one out for Boheeka.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Tuxedo_Jackson wrote:
The Breen Aide sends "if you have a scan token besides your ship" doesn't say anything about discarding it in order to flip a blank. With 2 of them on each ship i should theoretically be able to flip 2 blanks each attack.

Theoretically yes...
But I don't believe you can, as you can trigger only one effect per token.
So two Breen aides could not trigger off of the same scan token.

Tuxedo_Jackson wrote:

Of course I could always swap one out for Boheeka.

This is what I'd do.

Kevin
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The other option is to buy the extra ship pack, then you yourself eBay everything except the one card you want. I've considered doing that myself to get more Cheat Death (from the Enterprise pack).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuxedo_Jackson wrote:
The Breen Aide sends "if you have a scan token besides your ship" doesn't say anything about discarding it in order to flip a blank. With 2 of them on each ship i should theoretically be able to flip 2 blanks each attack. Of course I could always swap one out for Boheeka.


You can only activate one cards effects per token. If you had a way to get 2 Scan tokens next to your ship then your theory would work, but otherwise it will not. It has been discussed before and is in the FaQ.

To answer your question though, there really isn't anywhere to buy single cards. Your best bet is to find someone who has extras, but with non unique cards, most people want to hang on to their extras. If you are looking for Unique cards, I'm sure there are tons of people out there with spares to sell/trade/give away. I know I have a whole box of extra cards and tokens that I will never use.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's not much of a secondary market for single cards in a game like this. People are unlikely to want a bunch of extra Gor Portases but not also want the Breen Aids, so there's no sellers.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan kipps-bolton
United Kingdom
watford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, generally there's 1 or 2 really good cards per expansions so selling on all the other cards is going to be hard.

And as posted your plan won't work as you can only activate one card per token. That I know of there's only a couple of discard cards that will give you extra scan tokens so it will be an expensive trick.

Pretty sure it's carss like this that the ruling came from as breen aide is non unique and only 2 pts everyone would load up on him.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Make copies
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ryolacap wrote:
Make copies


That's not tournament legal either. The only elements, right now, that you can print up and use are the Admiral's orders (because no physical copies exist at this point) and the mine field template (because the cloaked mines didn't come with one).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't matter if you have 100 on a ship, the rules stipulate that only one upgrade can trigger off a token. It's in the rulebook in the section that explains why you can't have Spock and Geordie trigger off the same Scan. So if you want 2 Breen Aides on each ship, then you would have to have some way of getting two scan tokens on each ship.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:
ryolacap wrote:
Make copies


That's not tournament legal either. The only elements, right now, that you can print up and use are the Admiral's orders (because no physical copies exist at this point) and the mine field template (because the cloaked mines didn't come with one).


I must of missed it in the rules. Its not there.

I have never seen anyone question a card for some type of authenticity.

There is nothing magical about the cards they just reference upgrades and whatnot, if someone wont play because of card authenticity then they need to get a life....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Waters
msg tools
mbmbmb
ryolacap wrote:
Hero_guy wrote:
ryolacap wrote:
Make copies


That's not tournament legal either. The only elements, right now, that you can print up and use are the Admiral's orders (because no physical copies exist at this point) and the mine field template (because the cloaked mines didn't come with one).


I must of missed it in the rules. Its not there.

I have never seen anyone question a card for some type of authenticity.

There is nothing magical about the cards they just reference upgrades and whatnot, if someone wont play because of card authenticity then they need to get a life....
For casual play I agree, but for tourneys it won't fly.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're playing at a tournament run by a store that sells this game, they have very good reasons to want you to buy real cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
TheWaspinator wrote:
If you're playing at a tournament run by a store that sells this game, they have very good reasons to want you to buy real cards.


Absolutely.

Also, it provides a barrier to excessive skew/spam lists.

Want to run ten cloaked mines at my venue? That's cool... if you shelled out for ten otherwise really marginal Romulan BoPs.

I don't care what folks do for home games, of course.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.