Peter Hodges
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
So after a pretty embarrassing loss in Salem, NH's Store Championship with my Professor/HB FA decks, I decided to go back to what I know, Noise and Weyland. I was surprised by the small turnout after a very successful plugged in tour. We only had 9 participants (with me and 2 people I came with representing 1/3 of the players). I'm pretty sure there was no NBN and no Criminal was everyone was shocked about.

Classic Noise

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (8)
2x Easy Mark (Core Set) ••
1x Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Surge (Humanity's Shadow)

Hardware (6)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••••
2x Grimoire (Core Set)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (6)
1x Aesop's Pawnshop (Core Set) ••
3x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Crypsis (Core Set)
2x Mimic (Core Set)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (19)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
3x Djinn (Core Set)
1x Hemorrhage (Fear and Loathing)
3x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
1x Keyhole (True Colors)
1x Medium (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
3x Sahasrara (Creation and Control) ••••• •

15 influence spent (max 15)

45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Fear and Loathing

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Weyland T&B

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World (Core Set)

Agenda (11)
3x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
2x Posted Bounty (Core Set)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)
3x The Cleaners (Second Thoughts)

Asset (4)
2x Ghost Branch (Core Set) ••
2x GRNDL Refinery (Fear and Loathing)

Operation (16)
3x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
2x SEA Source (Core Set) ••••

Barrier (6)
1x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
2x Hadrian's Wall (Core Set)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Code Gate (5)
3x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••••

Sentry (7)
2x Archer (Core Set)
2x Neural Katana (Core Set) ••••
3x Shadow (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Fear and Loathing

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Deck notes: I went back and forth on a lot of cards in both decks, only settling on the final decklists at around 2:30 am the night before. If I were to do it again, I would lose Surge and Hemorrhage. I only played each one once and they didn't do amazing things when I did.

For Weyland, I wasn't expecting Punitive to do as much work with only 3 5/3s, but it was way better than expected. I'd squeeze a third in. Ghost Branch never hit, GRNDL Refinery never gave me money, splashed Neural Katana never hit. But I don't think they were bad choices. It just never happened to come into play.

Round 1: Bye
I love paying money to not play Netrunner

Round 2: Chris H.
Game 1: Noise (me) vs. Weyland: Building a Better World (him)
Oh my god I got so lucky in this game. I had a Plascrete in my opening hand. I killed the ice on R&D with a Parasite and got 4 pts of agendas. Then I grabbed from a remote. I learned after the game he was trying to Accelerated Diagnostics me for 3 scorches.

Game 2: Chaos Theory (him) vs. Weyland: Building a Better World (me)
I managed to get to 4 pts before he rigged up. Then he had everything and I was convinced I was going to lose. Fired off a splashed account siphon with 1 click left. Before accessing, Chris said something along the lines of "oh..this is a bad idea. Well, go for it.". Kept the tag. Scorched Earth win.

Round 3: Jeff
Game 1: Noise (me) vs. Weyland: GRNDL (him)
I don't have any notes on this game. I think this is the one where I used Keyhole to get to 6 pts? Maybe it was virus mills? I definitely remember a lot of Archives pressure.

Game 2: Noise (him) vs. Weyland: Building a Better World (me)
Mirror Match! So he was playing Tag Me Anarch and left a tag. Then I played Scorched Earth and won.

Round 4: Chris S.
Game 1: Kit (him) vs. Weyland: Building a Better World (me)
I had 1xPunitive most of the game but I wasn't sure I could kill with it. Got lucky when he happened to grab a three pointer and no credits/cards.

Game 2: Noise (me) vs. Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (him)
So much money. I made a decision to not run his Sundews. He had something like 60 credits by the end of the game. Unfortunately, he never drew any ice this game so R&D was open all day.

Chris and I were done pretty fast so we decided to play another Noise/Jinteki game. I was really happy we did because we got to play each other immediately after that when the Top 4 was called.

Top 4: Chris S.
Game 1: Kit (him) vs. Weyland: Building a Better World (me)
I think I SEA Sourced + Single Scorched Earth for the win. He only got 3 agenda pts so I was hoping for some lucky mills for the match.

Game 2: Noise (me) vs. Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (him)
And lucky mills I got. I got to 4 pretty quickly. We decided to keep playing. He scored a bunch of agendas. I went for archives and died to the shocks, making it the only game I lost today.

Finals: Derek
Ok, some background on Derek. We've been playing Netrunner together forever. Derek beats me all the time. I think I win 1 out of every 10 games we played. Also we helped make our decks for today so we knew every card in the opponents deck. There would be no unexpected tricks.

Game 1: Noise (me) vs. HB: Engineering the Future (him)
So I knew his giant ice HB deck was amazing against my Noise deck. I knew I'd have to run super quick and pray I got enough pts to win the match (I think I accepted I was going to lose this game). In a stroke of luck, he was super agenda flooded. Nerve Agent into his hand to see everything won the game.

Game 2: Kate (him) vs. Weyland Building a Better World (me)
I only needed 2 pts to win. He felt the pressure and ran early. SEA Source + Scorch for win.

So, in summary, luck goes really far. Met lots of cool people, lots of casual netrunner discussions. Some of the newer players looked like they had a good time too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Regardless of the circumstances, let me be the first to say that it's not only nice to see someone bold enough to play Anarch in a tourney but win with them.

The last store championship I went to, someone was running Reina. He had a lot of fun despite not doing well. I am seriously starting to believe that Anarch is worth exploring again, simply for the fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hodges
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Regardless of the circumstances, let me be the first to say that it's not only nice to see someone bold enough to play Anarch in a tourney but win with them.

The last store championship I went to, someone was running Reina. He had a lot of fun despite not doing well. I am seriously starting to believe that Anarch is worth exploring again, simply for the fun.

Thanks! I've always liked Noise from the beginning and usually feel personally attacked when I read the Noise is dead and the go-to anarch is Reina. When I won the plugged-in tournament (right after Mr. Jackson Howard came out) with a Noise deck, I had a few people on the internet tell me it was a fluke. Maybe with 2 tournaments down, they won't be able to say that anymore .

I also didn't put Jackson Howard in my Weyland deck. I totally get why he's the savior of the corp but he's pretty overrated at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
E1337 Pete wrote:
no NBN and no Criminal

That sounds so, so nice.

(Says the guy that took NBN and Criminal to his Store Championship..)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.