Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Angelini
United States
Lake Oswego
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This is my first post on BoardGameGeek and my first time building a foamcore solution I designed myself. Previously I just copied designs that you good folks put up on here.

I really wanted to design the solution specific to how Nations is setup and run. To that end I split the resources into two separate containers, so with two people they can each have their own bank, and with three or more there can be one in each corner, accessible to all players.

The cards that are used have their own container, split into 9 sections. 4 sections for the 4 ages of tech cards, 4 sections for the 4 ages of event cards, and a section to hold the turn order cards. The rest of the cards are stored in the larger container that stays in the box. There are slots in the card boxes so you can get your fingers in and grab the cards, and I left enough room in the playtime card box that you can add the advanced cards to the decks.

There's also a small tray that fits into the larger tray that holds the age and war token, architects, and action X markers.

Here's a picture of all of the trays together. I keep the individual player tokens in bags still so I can just toss them to players when we start the game, and they can put their own color away.

The deeper tray goes in the box with the card box next to it. The smallest tray fits inside the deep tray on top of the reference cards.

Then the two resource trays fit on top of the deep tray, and sit flush with where the boards, score pad, and instructions lie.

Took way too long to make, but crafting these is a hobby of mine, so I'd say it was worth it. Makes setup and take-down a lot easier, and keeps all the pieces close and organized while playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwijiboe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Hey!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you post dimensions or clearer pictures? Looks great. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the 9 sections have some free space to hold the new cards of the next expansion that may come in this year or in 2015?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Angelini
United States
Lake Oswego
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Kwijiboe wrote:
Can you post dimensions or clearer pictures? Looks great. Thanks.

How about both?

All dimensions in mm, depth includes bottom piece of foam (5mm)

Core Box: 185x250x50
Tiny architect/x box: 100x65x17
Card Box: 250x60x73
Resource trays (x2): 185x125x20

BGFreakDag2PT wrote:
Do the 9 sections have some free space to hold the new cards of the next expansion that may come in this year or in 2015?

Probably not, though I've never bought expansions for my games, so I wasn't really planning for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks really good and I especially find two banks useful in this game.

If you want an insert out of hard board instead of foam core, my company, Custom Game Bits makes one:

http://www.customgamebits.com/store/p53/Nations_Compatible_B...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.