Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's literally impossible for a 2x2 mini to reach a hero on the other side of a tile because blockages prevent his movement (there's no 'hall 2 spaces wide' for him), does he just move as close as he can, and wait for the heroes to come to him?

I suppose another rule should be added the book that when setting up a tile, there should be a rule that nothing can be places in such a way that it would be impossible for a 2x2 monster to go anywhere on the board.

But what about when a horde of minions prevents any forward motion by the big guy, and his only option is to go "the long way 'round" and circumvent the entire tile, spending a lot of time moving away from heroes to reach them from a different direction. Should he do that? Or should he wait in the "queue" of monsters by travelling in a more direct way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Intelligent minions will make room if possible. But yah, it will either pick a different target, go the long way, or get close as possible. I don't know for sure but the common sense answer is usually the right one in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, those are the 3 options. At least until one of them has an ability to burrow and pop adjacent to you (think zergs...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
Yes, those are the 3 options. At least until one of them has an ability to burrow and pop adjacent to you (think zergs...)

Actually i'm wondering how that works... he says he does it if he rolls a fate die, but 'burrow: 2x FD, if no target is avaialble, exchange places with minions" I assume that means when he attacks, he rolls 2 fate dice. But that means he'd have to be attacking to roll the dice in the first place, which means he's already got a target.

Does he use his 'special' at some time other than when he's attacking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, can't help, I don't have it yet... honestly I was maing a joke or a speculation about a new skill they could create... had no idea it actually existed!

But I think the difference could be where the FD are on the card. Going from the cards in the rules, the Muckers have their FD on the same line as their attack dice (d10), so they roll their FD when they attack, and resolve their FD recipes only if the attack succeeds.
The Terror card doesn't have FD on the attack line (with d10s), but after the attack, it has a "Special" section with 5FD for its recipes, so the FD roll is distinct in this case.

Are the FD with the attack or distinct for the Crawler captain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
But I think the difference could be where the FD are on the card. Going from the cards in the rules, the Muckers have their FD on the same line as their attack dice (d10), so they roll their FD when they attack, and resolve their FD recipes only if the attack succeeds.
The Terror card doesn't have FD on the attack line (with d10s), but after the attack, it has a "Special" section with 5FD for its recipes, so the FD roll is distinct in this case.

They're listed under "special" and only there. No indication of when they are rolled, only what happens after they are rolled. The rules say the get rolled during combat, but that makes no sense for their ability, unlike all the other cards that come with the game. So I'm not sure what to do.

I eventually just decided that when it was their time to move, if they didn't have a hero they could reach, they would roll fate dice, and if they got the right results, would burrow. Completely divorced it from combat. That seems completely wrong from what the card says, but it was the only thing that made sense...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadwolf wrote:
Intelligent minions will make room if possible. But yah, it will either pick a different target, go the long way, or get close as possible. I don't know for sure but the common sense answer is usually the right one in this game.

Yeah, unfortuantely it's not really clear what is the 'most common sense answer', at least not consistently in the game's I've played so far...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
RemiBureau wrote:

They're listed under "special" and only there. No indication of when they are rolled, only what happens after they are rolled. The rules say the get rolled during combat, but that makes no sense for their ability, unlike all the other cards that come with the game. So I'm not sure what to do.

I eventually just decided that when it was their time to move, if they didn't have a hero they could reach, they would roll fate dice, and if they got the right results, would burrow. Completely divorced it from combat. That seems completely wrong from what the card says, but it was the only thing that made sense...

If the FD aren't on the attack line, than my understanding is that they shouldn't be rolled for the combat, but I also think they should be rolled after the combat (like the Terror), so Burrow could only be used after combat.

Since I don't know what Burrow does, not sure if it makes sense to do it after combat though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
rahdo wrote:
RemiBureau wrote:

If the FD aren't on the attack line, than my understanding is that they shouldn't be rolled for the combat, but I also think they should be rolled after the combat (like the Terror), so Burrow could only be used after combat.

Since I don't know what Burrow does, not sure if it makes sense to do it after combat though.

Burrow specicially says

Quote:
Burrow: 2x [FD icon]: If no target is available, exchange places with Minions [picture of Darkness FD icons]

So clearly it's supposed to be used BEFORE combat, because if there's no target available, you cannot be in combat to roll the FD to get the effect. Catch-22
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
RemiBureau wrote:
rahdo wrote:
RemiBureau wrote:

Burrow specicially says

Quote:
Burrow: 2x [FD icon]: If no target is available, exchange places with Minions [picture of Darkness FD icons]

So clearly it's supposed to be used BEFORE combat, because if there's no target available, you cannot be in combat to roll the FD to get the effect. Catch-22

Sounds right to me, I think it's done instead of movement, so basically, it's almost imossible for that captain not to attack in a DC. So in this case, I'd play it instead of movement, and then attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.