Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Immediately equipping inventory when picked up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
When you use movement to pick up a treasure tile & draw a green or blue tile, and that in turn gives you an inventory item that your character can use, does the new item go into your inventory, and can be equipped during the refresh phase, or can it be equipped immediately?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Pretty sure it is that you can either equip it immediately or place it your inventory. Pretty sure they immediately equip in the gameplay vids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this one because i played it wrong today. You can rearrange items in the refresh phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
I know this one because i played it wrong today. You can rearrange items in the refresh phase.

Yup, as near as I can tell, the rules simply say that you draw a card when you get a treasure, but not where that card goes. Since the only thing the rules say about handling equipment is that you can swap them during refresh, I guess by assocaition, that means that they go into our inventory and wait till the end of the turn to be put on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hubbard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
p. 45 in the New vs. Old box specifically says you can only swap items in the Refresh phase. I haven't seen anything that says you can immediately equip what you pick up in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It also mentions this on page 15 "The Cleanup step is also when the Heroes can alter their equipped gear with items in their inventory."

But, it doesn't explicitly state items when picked up are put into the inventory. And I am sure these are the types of things that are driving people mad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Russell
msg tools
reddish22 wrote:

Specifically in the "clean up" portion of the refresh phase. Which is the last part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I the vids, even the more recent SF videos, they can equip it right away, so I believe this is what will be mentionned in the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
I the vids, even the more recent SF videos, they can equip it right away, so I believe this is what will be mentionned in the FAQ.

Yeah, this is the Slaughterfield supplement pack...different beast entirely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BShotton wrote:
RemiBureau wrote:

Yeah, this is the Slaughterfield supplement pack...different beast entirely.

OK, so now I'm confused, can you equip a new item right away?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No you cannot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Good to know, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BShotton wrote:
No you cannot.

So items in the slaughterfield equip immediately but in the main story they do not? Confusing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Different game play mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nich wrote:
Different game play mode.

Sure I can buy that, but I can guarantee it's not mentioned in the rulebook. Maybe it's mentioned in the slaughterfield deck supplement, but then am I to assume that the SF item deck supplement acts differently than the regular items shipped in the base box?

Like I said, confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.