Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Bee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not find an answer here (yet) -
The rules say, "if at least one player benefits from your cooperative dogmaS, you gain a free draw action..." (plu.)
But the player maps in the second edition say "if one or more players benefit from a cooperative dogmA" (sg.) - so if one plays a card with two coop dogmas on it and there is a player or players benefiting from both dogmas, does the player activating that card get one or two draw actions for free ?
That question popped up yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Doughty
United States
California
flag msg tools
OVERTEXT HERE
badge
Funded by supporters like you!
mb
A player only gets up to one free Draw action for sharing a Dogma action regardless of how many effects the shared Dogma may have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bryanldoughty wrote:
A player only gets up to one free Draw action for sharing a Dogma action regardless of how many effects the shared Dogma may have.

Thanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bryanldoughty wrote:
Is it also regardless of how many players shared the Dogma effect(s)?

We started wondering that when we started playing 3 player games. Does a player only get one free draw for sharing a Dogma action regardless of how many effects and / or players shared the Dogma effect?

At first we were drawing one card per player, then we started thinking, maybe we should only be drawing one no matter how many players shared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:

"If one or more opponents shared non-demand effects during the dogma action, you get a single free Draw action afterwards."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Murr wrote:

"If one or more opponents shared non-demand effects during the dogma action, you get a single free Draw action afterwards."
If that's a quote from the rulebook, then it's worded differently in my edition (2014 edition). It says "At the end of your entire Dogma action, if any player shared any effect, you take a free Draw Action."

I was looking up something else and noticed the "a free Draw Action" and thought, I bet it means you're only supposed to get one, not one per player. Thanks for the reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it seems the wording changed at some point. The wording in my 1.2 rules matches Matt's, but the v2.3 rules match your wording, Murr.

There is potential for ambiguity with the new rules, but it still agrees with the old wording. If you were meant to get multiple, the rule would have had something there about taking a draw action for each player that shared.

I hope the wording changes back to be closer to the old wording for the deluxe version, so that others don't accidentally make the same mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.