Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Geddes
United Kingdom
Morayshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
This one came up in my latest game:

During the winter phase it was time for Scottish nobles to go home. An English knight block occupies Lochaber. Two Scottish infantry blocks occupy Badenoch. As both home areas for Comyn are not enemy occipied Comyn does not defect.

Can he choose to winter in Lochaber?
He's not defecting, the knights are about to disband, and he'd rather not exceed the castle limit in Badenoch.

I ruled that due to the strict nature of the wintering sequence he had to go to Badenoch because at that precise moment in the sequence, Lochaber was enemy-occupied.

Was I right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammond
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're correct. There's a very strict order to the wintering process (that actually favors the Scots, since the English nobles have to go home first). IIRC, Knight disband AFTER nobles go home, so they can occupy a region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedders wrote:
I ruled that due to the strict nature of the wintering sequence he had to go to Badenoch because at that precise moment in the sequence, Lochaber was enemy-occupied.

Was I right?

Yeah, that's the way I read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.