Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Thomson
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Hey every one. Last night I was talking with some people at my op6 how it would be cool to have a Wings up K'vort. When I got home I started working on it. I took a hobby knife and cut off the wings near the hull of the ship. cleaned up the edges a bit and then super glued the wings where I wanted them. This is the first time I have ever tried modifying a model before. Im sure some of you out there can do a better job then this my edges arent as smooth as I want and I need to fill in a few small cracks still..... but at this time I dont have puddy or sand paper so it will have to wait for another day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I already like it better than the original sculpt. But did you know we're supposably getting a wing-up-BoP-sculpt somewhat down the release line with "Chang's Bird of Prey"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Thomson
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Cut_ wrote:
I already like it better than the original sculpt. But did you know we're supposably getting a wing-up-BoP-sculpt somewhat down the release line with "Chang's Bird of Prey"?

Thanks! Yes, I do know about Chang's bop. From the pic that is out of it so far the wings are flat, not up. I wanted the wings up more like the giant bop we see in TNG.

here is a link to a pic of Chang's
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nIlT9SYm4Io/UtQ_ICibCXI/AAAAAAAAXb...

here is a link to a pic of what I more wanted it like
http://www.ditl.org/ship-pictures.php?ClassID=klidtai&Page=1...

With chang's we can have all 3 common wing configurations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ormes
msg tools
Wow that was fast.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice! You certainly have plenty of these to mess around with Now you have to make sure your build at the next OP event has nothing but modified K'Vorts and B'Rels

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Dogg Rulzz
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I like the wings slightly above center better. Maybe do that to all the K-vort's and the original scuplts for the B'rel's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tjbruehan wrote:
I like the wings slightly above center better. Maybe do that to all the K-vort's and the original scuplts for the B'rel's

Which is how it should be.

A friend of mine has run a 2 B'rel, 2 K'vort fleet several times. It looks awesome even with all the wings down. He just puts the K'Vorts on 2 pegs & the B'rels on only 1 peg.
This is the same guy that has flown the 5 D7 swarm a couple of times. He likes those mini-swarm builds after I took out a loaded E-D back in OP2 in a single turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning to use all wings-up BoPs as K'Vorts and all wings-down BoPs as B'rels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Harkness
United Kingdom
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You inspired me sir. Here is my version, repainted as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Aguirre
msg tools
I'd like to do this as well. Can anyone show me what the underside looks like afterwards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rewaguirre wrote:
I'd like to do this as well. Can anyone show me what the underside looks like afterwards?

Just buy Chang's BoP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Aguirre
msg tools
Well, I already have a Change BOP with wings level and a B'rel with wings down so for my last BOP I wanted to put the wings UP in landing position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
rewaguirre wrote:

Just buy Chang's BoP.

Not really the same. Chang's BoP is a prototype and looks decidedly different than the B'rel and K'sort. And I don't want to buy multiple Chang's just to fly a fleet of K'Vorts.

Although I wish WhizKids had used the Chang model for the K'Vort class and left the B'Rel with the classic wings. Just because TNG & the movies used the same filming model for both class of ships doesn't mean WK had to use the exact same sculpt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Chang model. I bought one just for Kruge's BoP. I also use it for Dukat's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Chang's too, the colors feel more true to style also IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.