United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Glass Bead Board Games
badge
Read my blog
mbmbmbmbmb
Date: 15/03/14

Players: Al, Bobby, Gaz, Ginge

So this was our first game of Principato, and we played with a full four player game. I spent some time going through the rules, but luckily, my gaming group were able to pick it up very quickly. My secret mission cards told me to get military victory points, and to get all three of the bonus tiles. I started out trying to get military points, but the other players did a much better job. Gaz and Ginge were keeping ahold of their catapult cards, and churning them out efficiently, bobby was generating large amounts of gold and using it to pay troops. I decided to leave military scoring all together and go for bonus tiles. I managed to make two of each by the end of the game, giving me an extra ten points from my secret mission.

Bobby focused too much on military action, and ended up coming last overall. Gaz managed to make eleven catapults, which not only gave him considerable military power, but also eleven points for his secret mission. Ginge played a balanced game, scoring in both military and bonus points. Although I did not really participate in military rounds, I won the game by focussing on bonus tiles; by the end of the game, I had seven and each other player had three. I think that in future, when I play this game again with the same gaming group, there will be a stronger focus on bonus points; though that may make winning military rounds easier and less taxing on the game.

My first impressions of the game were very positive, I like the card drafting, and the way that players can keep ahold of key cards, or trade them in such a way that they are discarded for the next players turn. There is a great balance between simplicity and depth with Pricipato, I can see this game hitting the table again very soon.

1st - Allen 60
2nd - Gaz 50
3rd - Ginge 48
4th - Bobby 46

Click here to see my acquired taste reviews

Click here to see my session reports
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to play my copy again soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.